Poly-Friendly Cities

I would definitely vouch for NYC. We live within commuting distance of it, and when we're feeling like being around a bigger group of poly people, we head to NYC. There is a great group there - Open Love NY (http://openloveny.com/). They do poly cocktails once a month and every week, there is a different discussion group. Sometimes they get authors of polybooks, or people who run poly workshops/people who have a lot of "poly cred" to give talks/guide exercises/etc.

I've been to both the cocktails thing once or twice as well as a few discussion groups over the past few years, and both were really nice and welcoming.

That sounds good LizziE. I will add NYC to the list.

• Amsterdam, the Netherlands
  • Austin, Texas
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • Boulder, Colorado
  • Bristol, England
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Kansas City, Kansas/Missouri
  • London, England
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Manchester, England
  • Melbourne, Australia
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
  • Nelson, B.C.
  • New York City, New York
  • Portland, Oregon
  • San Francisco (Bay Area), California
  • Seattle, Washington
  • St. Louis, Missouri
  • Syracuse (suburbs), New York
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Vancouver, B.C.
  • Victoria, B.C.
  • Washington, D.C.
To review:

I am interested in building a list of cities (around the world) that have a high percentage of poly residents, a goodly number of local poly social/support groups, and/or otherwise constitute a friendly setting for poly life. So far it's based on anecdote, reasonable guesswork, and word of mouth, but solid statistics (from studies and polls) would help a lot (if you know of any). Many people have been contributing to this project, and the list above is what we've got so far.

Please look and see if the list contains any/all cities you know of that are poly-friendly. If it doesn't, let me know what cities are missing. Also let me know if any listed city doesn't belong on the list.

That sounds good LizziE. I will add NYC to the list.

• Amsterdam, the Netherlands
  • Austin, Texas
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • Boulder, Colorado
  • Bristol, England
  • Columbus, Ohio
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Kansas City, Kansas/Missouri
  • London, England
  • Los Angeles, California
  • Manchester, England
  • Melbourne, Australia
  • Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota
  • Nelson, B.C.
  • New York City, New York
  • Portland, Oregon
  • San Francisco (Bay Area), California
  • Seattle, Washington
  • St. Louis, Missouri
  • Syracuse (suburbs), New York
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Vancouver, B.C.
  • Victoria, B.C.
  • Washington, D.C.
To review:

I am interested in building a list of cities (around the world) that have a high percentage of poly residents, a goodly number of local poly social/support groups, and/or otherwise constitute a friendly setting for poly life. So far it's based on anecdote, reasonable guesswork, and word of mouth, but solid statistics (from studies and polls) would help a lot (if you know of any). Many people have been contributing to this project, and the list above is what we've got so far.

Please look and see if the list contains any/all cities you know of that are poly-friendly. If it doesn't, let me know what cities are missing. Also let me know if any listed city doesn't belong on the list.
We currently live in Missouri, but are planing to move to Austin within the next 24 months, expanding business, as when I attended Texas I fell in love with the city. Surprised to see it here.

Yeah, I guess Austin is much less conservative than the rest of Texas.

Back