The "Man Code"

Erosa

This is intended to be for fun; not a guy bashing session. lol

What are some of the things that most men seem to consistently be taught about meing "manly"? (Especially the things that baffle us ladies.)

I would say a couple of these things are;

1. Nothing I agree to do while drunk, in love, or on my way to the office is valid.

2. Roses are an acceptable apology for almost anything; including things I don't actually recall doing.

If I do it wrong enough times they will stop asking me to it. However I tried this and it really does work lol so I guess woman can do it too :)

I really am not sure a thread like this, started by a woman, cannot devolve into man-bashing. If it were a man starting the thread, and it was something like, "Things we've always been taught as men," that would be different. But this seems like dangerous ground and I don't want to go there. Just sayin'.

I really am not sure a thread like this, started by a woman, cannot devolve into man-bashing. If it were a man starting the thread, and it was something like, "Things we've always been taught as men," that would be different. But this seems like dangerous ground and I don't want to go there. Just sayin'.

LOL I think you and I just must have very different minds because everything I post almost seemed to provoke a negative/corrective response from you. But that's okay. :) Takes all types to make a world. :)

LOL I think you and I just must have very different minds because everything I post almost seemed to provoke a negative/corrective response from you.

Oh really? I don't recall that.

I don't think I am being negative to express a concern. I am one of those people who has written back to my friends to stop sending me those email jokes that bash men and relationships. I just don't see the point in keeping the war between the sexes going.

Not saying that that's what this thread is about. The title looked interesting but... I was just making an observation and cautioning that it could be hard not to go down the man-bashing path, based on the thread's very premise. Think about the reaction if a guy here started a thread called "The Crap Women Say" or something like that. My response was not meant to be negative or "corrective." I'll remain hopeful, then -- maybe someone will respond with an enlightened post and not a stereotype. By all means, have at it!

Last edited:
I dislike the idea that men can't or shouldn't cry/express feelings.
I also dislike the idea that men can't wear pink. I personally don't like pink, but let them wear any colour they want! There isn't a single colour women aren't supposed to wear, so why should there be one for men?

Humor here..probably bad.

Well this is easy! All I have to do is talk about the actual culture I came from:

1. Men only cry when someone dies....and their dog...not a cat, that's just gay.

2. A man should protect his woman..Hit on her and you get hit on back...with a fist.

3. Men fight..or should at least be able to throw an effective punch. If you can't fight...you're a pussy so stop pretending you like to eat them.

4. If you kiss a woman who just sucked another guy's cock..you sucked that guys cock..enjoy being gay. Of course if you're banging a married woman it doesn't count....unless he knows about it..then you back to being gay.

5. Real men eat meat...from a cow or bear. Vegan = wimpy gay dude. Vegetarian = slightly tougher dude who occasionally eats dick...no swallowing or you're no longer technically a vegetarian.

6. Men enjoy team sports. Watch them and play them. If you don't you need to compensate with number 3.

Last edited:
Well this is easy! All I have to do is talk about the actual culture I came from:

1. Men only cry when someone dies....and their dog...not a cat, that's just gay.

2. A man should protect his woman..Hit on her and you get hit on back...with a fist.

3. Men fight..or should at least be able to throw an effective punch. If you can't fight...you're a pussy so stop pretending you like to eat them.

4. If you kiss a woman who just sucked another guy's cock..you sucked that guys cock..enjoy being gay. Of course if you're banging a married woman it doesn't count....unless he knows about it..then you back to being gay.

5. Real men eat meat...from a cow or bear. Vegan = wimpy gay dude. Vegetarian = slightly tougher dude who occasionally eats dick...no swallowing or you're no longer technically a vegetarian.

6. Men enjoy team sports. Watch them and play them. If you don't you need to compensate with number 3.
That's a lot more like what men are really like. I'm just happy I don't want to strive to be in their club. Call me gay and wimpy all they want... I'm probably living a happier life than they are anyways. =]

Man code:

It's vitally important you know how much you can bench, women will be really impressed by this.

Fat men are not real men. Nor are skinny men. Real men have muscles and make sure everyone knows it.

Expense is always a substitute for taste.

Having a big dick is far more important than any girly notions of being a sensitive lover.

Bros before hos, dude. *High five*

Women really like it if you just grab their tits/ass and shake them a bit. Also, cunnilingus should never last more than twenty seconds.

The most important social skill one can have is being able to drink loads of beer and then loads of shots without falling over and/or being sick.

If you sleep with loads of women you are an Awesome Man and deserve praise. However, if a woman sleeps with loads of men she is beneath contempt.

"I forgot" is an acceptable reason for not doing something, no matter how important.

Man is spelt Big M. A. N.

"Don't cry" is a common one. Sometimes I like to go to the food court in the mall and weep like a frightened child and when people ask "What's wrong??" I say "Outdated notions of masculinity..." and continue weeping. I kid, of course. I do my weeping at bus stops.

"Men don't like to talk about feelings" is probably even more common. In all seriousness, I lurrrve talking about feelings. My feelings, your feelings, their feelings. It's all fair game and I am fine with it.

The classic I always heard is that a real man must be the strong, silent type.

Liking sports (American football especially in the U.S.) is of course a given.

Wearing pink is totally illegal (and gay).

Real men love beer, and hate those girly drinks (e.g. strawberry daiquiri, right?).

Real men love (big hunting) dogs, and hate cats.

Which reminds me, real men love to hunt. Deer, elk, and bears especially.

Real men fist fight (nod to MonoVCPHG on this one).

A real man's favorite dinner is always a medium-rare (rare if you're extra manly) steak. A big steak.

Real men are always at a loss to explain why women do what they do.

Back