I believe God is not opposed to Polygamy and Polyandry

Good information. Hopefully I'll get a good opportunity to see it.

I really liked Reza Aslan's 'Zealot' which places a historical Jesus in his time. I found it fascinating and learned a lot. It is very accessibly written. I also recommend anything by Karen Armstrong.

Yes, Armstrong's "History of God" is a good one. I've also read "When God Was a Woman" and "The Hebrew Goddess" for more on Asherah, Istarte, Isis and all those gals of the Levant/Mesopotamia and Egypt.

Right now I am reading a book I found at a thrift store from 1959 called "Gods and Men: The Origins of Western Culture" by Henry Parkes, which covers Mediterranean religion from pre-history through Egyptian and Babylonian religion, Judaism, Hellenism and early Christianity. Other than a bias against the "gross, savage, drunken" sexual orgies of goddess worshiping "fertility cults" that is expected from a book from the 1950's, it's pretty comprehensive and good.

Younger men are drawn to older women (like me and you) because I am not looking for marriage, and I am well experienced and uninhibited in the sack. And I am drawn to them for their youthful enthusiasm and cocks made of steel.:)

You can say that again! As a younger man who has enjoyed sex with older women, I tell all younger guys they don't know what they are missing by by not dating older women!

I am agnostic myself. I can get along with anyone as long as they don't try to stuff their religion down my throat.

Bumping Thread~Christian Theologian

Just revisiting.

I hope people here will respect my spiritual beliefs and personal expressions as I respect others. I do have professed bias toward God, including Jesus, and the Bible as the absolute truth of life. God is the only judge, and I try to practice unconditional loving in relation to my neighbors. I do practice my freedom of speech where it concerns my religion, and I believe others should be allowed the same courtesy.

I have been studying about the concept of polygamy in context to God's law and the Bible, and am reasserting that there is no Christian law against polygyny, though polyandry does seem to be against the law (as stated by Paul in his first letter to the Corinthians).

Arguments for one man, multiple women also rest in the fact that 1) male homosexuality is considered an abomination in the Bible, 2) the natural instincts of men lend men to be more carnally-minded and aggressive than women (making them a bit more likely to participate in sexual immorality), and 3) the social and communal nature of women living together and raising children contrasts with the territorial nature of men. Of course, women commit adultery at alarming rates and prefer the company of men over women, but I am speaking in general terms in relation to trends.

I have no romantic partner in my life currently, but have always been interested in being one of two wives. I think God made me like this. Even when I professed to be an atheist, I was polyamorous.

Just wanted to say Hi again!

It's been interesting reviewing this thread.

I'm interested to read more if you have links to information. "Old Celtic Society" dates back thousands of years and has gone through hundreds of permutations.

I will start a new thread on this, I need to get back into my studies and hopefully we can all learn from an exchange of information. There is Celt DNA in many of us

I will start a new thread on this, I need to get back into my studies and hopefully we can all learn from an exchange of information. There is Celt DNA in many of us

If you're saying that DNA determines the way we choose to do relationships, that's a whole other convo right there...

If you're saying that DNA determines the way we choose to do relationships, that's a whole other convo right there...

Not at all, just if you do a DNA test you well get Celt in there. A friend is a Spehardic Jew, related to a former president of Israel. He came up with Celt and Roman, because he like me has ancestors originally from Catalonia, a Celtic/Roman Provence

I just got results back from both the National Geographic Genographic Project and Family Tree DNA. The Genographic Project gives you ancestral DNA (back to the stone age) while the family tree site shows individual relationships and more contemporary ethnic groupings. I'm sure nobody cares about my specific results, but if anyone is interested for themselves, those are two highly reputable sources for ethnic DNA testing. I took the tests because I'm adopted and grew up knowing nothing about my origins, so I crave any and all information about where I come from. If anyone is interested, I did search for my birth mom and we have a very happy reunion story. We're going on 20 years reunited. :)

Last edited:
I have now learned to check where threads have gotten to even if the stated topic is not of immediate interest. I'm glad tangents are tolerated here.

They are (within reason). ;)

Back