Dating & Friendship by Metro Area?

Dominic

Hello Admins,

While there are a few exceptions, most people aren't able to go outside of their immediate metro area to pursue a casual or long-term relationship.

Why don't we have the Dating and Friendship section for personals separated by metros? You could easily make a generic sticky post for each metro area or even make appropriate sub-categories which would enhance the site user experience greatly.

For example, to keep it manageable, you could use only major metropolitan areas (1M+ population):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_metropolitan_areas_by_population

At the moment, anyone new to the site (like me) has to sift through literally thousands of personals across my continent.

North America isn't the only place people on this site live, so you're asking for the creation of thounds of sub-fora. The main reason we have a Dating and Friendships section isn't because it's a useful tool for people to find each other, but to help keep the "looking for" posts out of the rest of the site where they clutter up the bits people actually use.

If you want something that works for finding a date try looking on a dating site rather than a discussion board. Many poly people recommend OkCupid.

Yeah, we're a few volunteers here and this isn't really a dating forum. I don't know of very many people who hooked up by using this site. Most members who have actually met in person developed friendships via discussions in the forum over time. If you are looking for people in your area to date or meet up with, you can use the advanced search feature by typing in the name of your city or metro area (use quote marks if more than one word), and select just the North America forum.

Last edited:
Back