Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelMore View Post
... bi just doesn't mean "not afraid of penises".
I want that in a T-shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelyunicorn View Post
Or, worrying whether I was macho enough, rich enough, tall enough, smooth enough, marriage-material enough, etc. etc.
I've never really given much thought to how much pressure men feel while dating women. I mean, I've always focused on comparing myself with other women, and have only recently realized men do those kind of calculations in their heads too .
Old 03-14-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackUnicorn View Post
I've never really given much thought to how much pressure men feel while dating women. I mean, I've always focused on comparing myself with other women, and have only recently realized men do those kind of calculations in their heads too .
There`s a great interview by one of my idols, Camille Paglia (although, I was disappointed lately when I saw an interview in which she said she "worshiped nature"; she was so perfect! ) in which she said she empathizes with men, and how terribly she floundered with women.

If it weren`t for bi, tomboyish chicks, I would have already jumped off a cliff. Give me bi chicks! And give me men!

Sources: Bill Maher`s Camille Paglia special (circa 1994).

Last edited by feelyunicorn; 03-14-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:10 AM

I'm bi and like some others have posted, it kind of led me to poly. It started with a threeway and me going, "How awesome is this??" Then the more I thought of it, the more I thought that it's nice to have both a man and a woman to satisfy both those sexual needs. But emotionally, it's the person that does it for me. I guess the emotional aspect of relationships doesn't have to be about what men give me emotionally versus what women give me emotionally. I feel that that is less biologically tied I guess.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:13 AM

I should also`ve mentioned that I do fit the bi stereotype of needing both sexes. I connect emotionally with men, and sexually with women. It does seem essential for me to be involved with both sexes, at the moment.

Tags
bisexual, bisexual female, bisexual male, bisexuality, sexuality