Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > General Poly Discussions

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 04:44 PM

We have discussed "the ethics slut" so much on here it might even be tagged. In a thread on "books" we have for sure. If anyone feels like finding and posting the link.

It seems that the book has one of two effects on those who read it. The first of glee and joy in that the reader feels understood and the other of dread and threat in that the reader thinks the protection of their relationship world will come crashing down.

It depends on who is reading it.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Custodian

Book Recommendations thread

You can also do a keyword search for "ethical slut", which I have just done for everyone because it seems people are shy about using the search engine within this forum.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoVCPHG View Post
You fancy people who own a t.v.
Hon, I don't own a TV, but I have the Internet. How could this guy NOT cross your radar? It was like the biggest YouTube thing for a solid month!

You seriously need to check it out, it's funnier than funny.

Did y'all know he went on to put out his own album? Full of horrible renditions of all sorts of pop songs, Backstreet Boys etc. It's SO funny! And...just...wrong...

The most dangerous phrase in the English language is "we've always done it this way."
Old 06-21-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Did y'all know he went on to put out his own album? Full of horrible renditions of all sorts of pop songs, Backstreet Boys etc. It's SO funny! And...just...wrong...
I am a youtube geek...and knew about the album...horrible...horrible stuff. On par with William Shatner and his artist talking albums
Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchrodingersCat View Post
Hon, I don't own a TV, but I have the Internet. How could this guy NOT cross your radar? It was like the biggest YouTube thing for a solid month!

You seriously need to check it out, it's funnier than funny.

I know I am going to regret checking him out..but I will!

Playing the Game of Life with Monopoly rules.
Monogamy might just be in my genes

Poly Events All Over
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 PM

i'm gonna be honest...i have that book sitting underneath my bed. I read the first 4 pages and was like, "...duh" and sort of drifted off into the next interesting thing. Though, i've read somewhere up to 20+ excerpts and if I ever need to sort of..."debate" poly, i might pick it up as a reference.

Last edited by rpcrazy; 06-21-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Custodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcrazy View Post
i'm gonna be honest...i have that book sitting underneath my bed. I read the first 4 pages and was like, "...duh" and sort of drifted off into the next interesting thing. Though, i've read somewhere up to 20+ excerpts and if I ever need to sort of..."debate" poly, i might pick it up as a reference.

That's pretty much what my experience was with TES. If there was ever a time when I was glad that I borrowed a book from the library instead of buying it, this is it.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:01 PM

I have had casual sex in the past and like it quite a bit.

For me personally(and again, this is my personal view and there are definitely people who see it VERY differently) I have an odd relationship with sex overall.

With very few exceptions, sex is something that I enjoy immensely and at the same time it is something that irritates me to no end. The reason it is irritating(the enjoyment is obvious, I think) is because sex is the root cause for a lot of my difficulties in relationships. About 95% of the bad relationship decisions I've made(staying with people when I should have left, dating people who I shouldn't be dating, leaving people that I should stay with, etc.) have been because of sex. To be blunt, if it wasn't for sex, I probibly would be a monk or priest.

For me, sex is a strong need. Once a week is fine(two to three times a week is ideal, but that is to me almost "mythical" and very unrealistic), every other week is passable. The thing is most women I've met that there is any mutual chemistry with are more of a once a month to once a season type.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
two to three times a week is ideal, but that is to me almost "mythical" and very unrealistic
...what?
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/n...ess-heart-risk

aim for 3 times a week at least...if you're intimacy levels aren't high, try spicing it up. Spend less time on your hobbies, and more time on your loveys.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcrazy View Post
...what?
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/n...ess-heart-risk

aim for 3 times a week at least...if you're intimacy levels aren't high, try spicing it up. Spend less time on your hobbies, and more time on your loveys.
that was kind of a, "well duhhhh" ...if they last long enough for it to become a little cardiovascular its exercise. And as much as I love walking and hiking, I would much rather have sex...haha

Make sex your hobby...

Tags
casual sex, sex, sex-negative, sex-positive, sexual, sexuality