Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 PM

Default Non-primary partners speak out on how to treat us well in poly/open relationships

Earlier I posted to this forum, asking people here for do's/don'ts about how they prefer to be treated in poly/open relationships. This was part of a crowdsourcing project I'm doing for my blog SoloPoly.net, to create a list of do's/don'ts that can serve as a positive model -- since social conditioning offers mostly bad lessons about how to handle non-primary, non-monogamous relationships.

After gathering lots of input, I just published the first version of this list:

http://solopoly.net/2012/11/27/non-p...treat-us-well/

Please feel free to share this post with others.

This is a work in progress! More input is definitely welcome. Feel free to comment here, leave a comment on my blog post, or e-mail me at aggiesez@hotmail.com.

Please note: This post is intended to offer advice from the perspective of non-primary partners. So if you want to suggest changes or additions to this list, please indicate whether you currently have a primary partner. I'll definitely consider input from anyone, but that's crucial context for this project.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Thanks for sharing this! I'm reading right now and will definitely be passing it along.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:10 PM

Default Expanded this article, more input welcome!

Just a quick heads up: Since I originally published the result of this crowdsourcing project, Non-primary partners tell how to treat us well, I've continued to gather input. Today I published an expanded version of this list of tips.

For more, see this thread.

Thanks again!