Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Poly Relationships Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoMcKinley View Post
Seems to me that you're having basically the same problems that a single introvert and single extrovert would have, especially at the start of a relationship. Extroverts are usually always going to be waiting for the introvert to "catch up" in a lot of social situations, as I'm sure you remember from the early days of your relationship with J.
Wow you hit that one on the money. Maybe I should just try to focus more on that aspect of it. We created a mutual pace between us overtime so I more or less forgot the time when I was going 2 steps ahead.

Quote:
My advice would be to give J and A that time. Don't push hard, or maybe at all, for anything that's not on the table at the moment. Sure, you may want things like an overnight with your new lover right now, but waiting for that is a small price to pay for a greater chance at longevity and success for both the new relationships and the old.
As hard as it is for me to accept, I know you're probably right. There are some real downsides to being an extrovert, and very little pity is shown for the ones who want to go faster, but slowing your natural pace is one of the hardest things to do. Think I'll just have to get used to it all over again.

Last edited by nosayingbagpipe; 05-10-2014 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanquish View Post
First, there's a difference between open and poly. Open relationships are basically swinging relationships.
Say's who? As far as I am aware, Open relationships encompass all aspects, swinging would be exactly that, swinging. To be more precise, in most social contexts, open relationship isn't using for swinging, it is used for hierarchical polyamory as opposed to non-hierarchical polyamory and relationship anarchy

Tags
quad, quads, sex