Am I the only Polyam Lesbian in the Midwest??? 😳😬😄

Laurel5678

Ok…I know it may sound crazy for me to think that any other such creatures exist…But here I am, in the buckle of the Bible Belt, a butch, polyamorous lesbian. I’m fairly convinced I’m the only one. 😅😅
Seems that there is hardly a more deeply rooted monogamist rooted group than us uhaul culture lesbians 😉😂 (I mean no offense just teasing) But honestly, being a poly lesbian here has actually reduced my dating pool to a mere splash—even after several years of “officially” being polyam I haven’t managed to date another person who identifies as both polyamorous and lesbian. Closest was a poly AFAB enby—which required the more inclusive “queer” for me, but no lesbians. So if there any others out there please let me know!!!!! I’d love to not be the only one!!! LOLOL 1F26BF0E-BED5-4049-A0E2-8BE5B6DF6D6F.jpeg

Well basically, yes, strongly preferred. I’ve dated a couple bi/pan women in specific circumstances but as much as I have tried to rise above my penis in the mix ick factor I haven’t succeeded for the most part. So hence my lonely poly lesbian lot in life! 🤷🏼‍♂️😂😂😂

Like truly “lesbian” vs. Bi/pan women. I fully support those who identify as such I just haven’t been able to get past the penis in the mix factor. But that’s just me and I’m clearly in the minority…and to my own detriment! 🫤

Like truly “lesbian” vs. Bi/pan women. I fully support those who identify as such I just haven’t been able to get past the penis in the mix factor. But that’s just me and I’m clearly in the minority…and to my own detriment! 🫤
That must be so difficult, having such a tiny splash. Have you considered moving? I only ask this because I have a queer friend who is looking at moving from our small town to a city to get a bigger pool.

That must be so difficult, having such a tiny splash. Have you considered moving? I only ask this because I have a queer friend who is looking at moving from our small town to a city to get a bigger pool.
Yes—I’m definitely moving, tho not for those reasons and I don’t know that it will improve my options much but once our son graduates high school in 3 years, I will be moving to Pensacola, FL area. While it’s also a fairly conservative area, there are lots more tourists and people there for extended stays from all over so *maybe* it will be better than SWMO. (Hard pressed to be worse 😂) and at least I’ll have a gorgeous beach, regardless!

Last edited:
I'm in a similar demographic to you in most ways, and truthfully, I've found most of my monosexual lesbian friends to be monogamous by this stage in life. So I don't disagree with the scarcity. I do think it might be a lesbian thing though because so many of my previously poly gay friends have decided to keep more or less exclusive. The same thing hasn't happened with my het friends or gay male friends. Only the lesbians seem to be settling into monogamy for their later years.

Back