Anyone attending the Poly Living Philadelphia event?

I will be there. I actually just turned in an application to be a presenter there this year. We will see if they accept me. :)

Do you know when they'll have a list of workshops? My husband is wishy washy because he wants to know what he is paying for!

My wife and I will at Poly Living 2015

We'll be there along with about 30 or 40 other greater Philadelphia area poly people. The presenters and workshops are posted. Feel free to PM me if you'll be going and want to meet up and say hello.

I'm actually going to be presenting at this now. Getting really excited/nervous, since it will be my first time.

I'm actually going to be presenting at this now. Getting really excited/nervous, since it will be my first time.

That's great! It's a very friendly group and I think any nervousness you're feeling will pass in an instant and you'll enjoy yourself.

I'll make sure to come by and introduce myself.

David

We decided not to attend - they didn't post the workshop info in a timely manner, so we put our dollars into other endeavors. I am sad, because it looks awesome. That said, I am going to take another look at the budget and see if we can make it work. I think it would be really interesting to go.

Hi,

There are day passes available if you would only want to do that. You can also use this discount code to get 10% off - GPHLLS15

Are you close to Philadelphia?

David

Hi Bluebird - tried to send you a PM regarding the conference, but not sure that it actually got sent. Did you receive anything?

Yep, got your message and replied. :)

We live in Hagerstown, Maryland. So not close to Philly, but 3 hours isn't too far to drive to attend. I wouldn't be interested in a day trip though. lol We'd stay in the hotel, for sure.

I talked to both my guys, and DarkKnight wants to spend money going to DC or NYC this upcoming weekend instead. He is really introverted, and not poly. He looked over the list of workshops and was willing to come and be supportive to me, but not interested in attending for his own sake. So, I have an awesome date this Sunday. lol

PunkRock is interested in attending, and is going to ask for the days off of work. So, that will be the yes or no - I jiggered the budget, so we can attend. He just has to be approved for the time off. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later. :)

That's great! It's a very friendly group and I think any nervousness you're feeling will pass in an instant and you'll enjoy yourself.

I'll make sure to come by and introduce myself.

David

Thanks! I made it out last year, so I know it is super friendly. I think there might not be any cure for first-time presenter jitters though. I look forward to getting over it and having a good time. :-D

Do you have any idea on the dance dress code? It's not very clear if it's cocktail, black tie or club wear. It's called Bohemian Nights, which makes it even more confusing to me. Should I go for slutty gypsy? lol

Last edited:
I think this is the first year Poly Living is doing a dance, and I also have not received any clear instructions.

However, the event that I am a member of the staff of, Beyond the Love, has done a dance the past two years. We haven't had a "code" so to speak, but people have shown up in everything from formal evening wear to just whatever they wore that day (and some costumes for the masquerade ball this year).

I myself plan to wear a formal gown, because I like to deck out and go all out for these kinds of things. I imagine whatever you feel comfortable in will be fine.

I just found the event page in Facebook, and asked there. Looks like it is super formal or super casual, whatever peeps are comfortable with. That seems awfully odd to me, but okay. :)

Heh Love you people!

Unfortunately, PunkRock is already on the schedule for that weekend. I am seriously bummed out because I was so excited today. Oh well. Next year! I guess I can use the time perfecting my slutty gypsy costume. :)

Back