Anyone else into socks?

• Thread starter Deleted member 157725
  • Start date
I've just been poking around the Archie McPhee website, and they've got some great weird socks.

Bigfoot Socks
Plague Doctor Socks
Grumpy face Socks

le sigh. Alas, as per usual I am not shopping for myself. Might have to leave the socks alone. Or just buy ~one~ pair...

Have you ever been to www.SockDreams.com ? Oh, the joy. Oh, the socks. ^.^

I have a thing about tall socks, although it's not a fetish or anything.

Love socks

I seriously love socks. I have a huge collection of thigh high socks and am always find more I just have to have.

I often make love wearing just socks. Just me, my socks and my hairy legs. For me, though it's more for comfort; my toes get cold. I'd wear a beanie during sex if I could but I think that would quash any intimacy my partner would be feeling.

A thing I have noticed...

I really don't like my feet. They are one part of my body I have always just thought of as ugly, plain and simple. I have never been able to wear high heels, and that is one of the bigger "you're not good at being sexy" strikes I hold against myself, too.

But at some point I discovered cool socks. Like tall ones, and socks with cool patterns on them. Eventually socks from places like Spirit Halloween, with Ouija board designs, Beetlejuice, eyeballs, or blood splatters or skulls. Stripes, laces, little buttons at the top. All sorts of interesting socks. Later I would wear them and nothing else at dungeon parties, and often I wear nothing else during sex. It is part of my "cute" to certain others, and somehow it has helped me stop judging my feet. Now don't get me wrong, I still don't LOVE my bare feet. But I spend less time thinking about them, and when I have my socks on, I do love my feet. It's taken a lot of the steam out of that particular piece of self-dislike. I think that most women are critical of our appearances at least in some particulars, it's a pretty ubiquitous part of being female in Western culture. So I value this little "fetish" if you will, just because it's helped me to set aside a hangup I've got about my body. Also, I think that my borderline hypothyroid causes my extremities to feel miserably cold sometimes, so wearing socks helps with that, too.

One of the few things I love about winter is that the cold is a great excuse to bust out my knee-high sock collection. I get a couple new pairs each year. This year I had to retire my robot-unicorn-cupcake-chair socks (seriously, they had all of those things on them), but I gained a pair of tacosaurus socks that I really love :D

I wear the knee high socks even in the summer. I will wear shorts, with tall socks, and combat boots. It sounds silly maybe, but it works for me.

Back