Aquarius-the "sluts" of Polyamory

Malfunktions

So, just doing a bit of research and playing around when I came across this, I was not happy. Mainly, because I am an Aquarian.

This was posted on Pleasure the Goddess tribe. Thought that you might enjoy what it has to say. What are the other signs....?

Aquarius

My favorite sluts are Aquarius. Why? Because if you don't expect anything in return, you won't be disappointed. Sounds easy, huh? They will get under your skin though, so beware. It's easy to be hurt by an Aquarius because they don't want you to know what they are thinking. If they are silent, but you are in the room with them, chances are they are in heavy thought. But don't worry, chances are they are thinking about you and fifteen other things. Water bearers look at sex like it is a form of recess. They can turn you on by simply walking in the room. They are the Rain Man of the Zodiac. They give too much of themselves to others that don't give a shit, then get shy to those that care about them. Go figure.

They like kinky. They are easy going. To them, it's a learning experience. Male Aquarians like to tease and live life in a fantasy world. Female Aquarians can't masturbate enough. Males never get the chance to masturbate because everybody wants a piece of them. They like their ankles nibbled. They love back massages. Their ultimate adventure is the "but we might get caught" game.

They will fuck wherever they run the risk of being seen or found by another lover. Don't expect faithfulness from these creatures...it's just not in their DNA. They are open minded to the point that anything shiny will derail their train of thought. Fucking while standing or leaning is a plus here. Fuck with their mind and they will follow you anywhere. They enjoy being fucked in groups of three. Think being Jack Nicholson in bed with the three Witches of Eastwick. This is a Aquarian dream. They need you to make the first move. Not to be dominated, but to bring them back to earth now and again for a little physical fun time. They get lost in the clouds a lot. Don't derail from your personal pleasure course, however, otherwise you will be just talking to them all night which can be stimulating just as well too. Beware! They are the flirts and teases from Hell! Never take one on a trip to a Home Depot when you are both horny. This can lead to nasty things.

Honestly, I was curious whether astrological signs promote or detract from polyamory and when I found this my face turned about 50 shades of angry.
I'm not anything what this says, yes I'm aware this was just someone being an asshole....
But still...

Ok, you caught me, Abe I'm a few of these...
Kinky- check
Get lost in the clouds-check
Flirt and a tease- check
Enjoy being fucked in groups of three - ok that's another one..
(This is counterproductive)
Derailment by shiny things- double check..

I'm gonna stop there cause, well, glass houses, bricks, yeah.

But I'm not the evil, keniving whore this makes me out to be.

Anyone else resemble/not resemble their star sign?

Someone's shitty writing about astrology is really not something deserving too much energy. The writer was just trying to be provocative. So, don't waste too much time and energy getting your panties in a twist.

I used to be very much into astrology, studied it, had a gazillion books on it, sidereal tables and an ephemeris, taught myself how to chart (it's hard!), had an astrologer I saw once or twice a year, blablabla. I thought that a lot of what was said about my sign really applied well to me (double Taurus, Cancer rising).

Now I really don't get into it anymore, and never think about that stuff. No longer have the books and charts. But I am glad that there is one thing my old astrologer said to me that I still remember thirty years later. He said that we should always strive to rise above the circumstances of our lives, whether it is the family we're born into or our astrological chart. We should never say, "Oh, that's just the way I am." The purpose of knowing our astrological signs and the tendencies we have is to transcend them, not just accept them as the way things are, or they way we are. They are meant to challenge us, so we should never be complacent. I like that.

BWAHAHAHAAAA!!! MC is an Aquarius and....no. Just no. None of it.

If some of them happened to jibe with you, pure coincidence. The writer is full of crap and should be laughed at or ignored.

I resemble some of being a Virgo. Not all of it. To me it's fun to compare how I'm like and dislike other Virgos, what traits we share and which we don't, but it's JUST for fun. Ultimately we're ourselves, period.

Ha ha ha looking back it's hilarious!!!:D
Lol was having a very tired day yesterday! ;)

And I also find it funny that when I went back to the guys comment there were some quite colourful comments made. Muah ha ha ha

The only thing that's ever stood out as a hit for me in astrology is the idea that a Scorpio is vengeful and slow to forgive. I am a Scorpio, and I sadly have a history of not forgiving when it's time to forgive and move on. [shudder] Had a nightmare about that about a week ago; it really forced me to remind myself to try (even more) to not be like that.

I've generally considered astrology to be bullshit, I dont see why the article is to be held in better light.

I've come across ,multitudes of people who fit their signs but its the Leo's that boggle my mind. Leo's are just way too malleable I think.
I've met some that are soo closely represented by the sign and some that are nothing like it all!

I found the Libra description for this set of horoscopes. Most of it id not fit me at all. Ok, except for the experimental part. That's true!

This kind of stuff is fun!

Malfunktions,
I do enjoy astrology and have actually been thinking a lot about the sign of Aquarius lately since I've recently gotten involved with a man who is not just Sun, but also Moon, Mars and Venus in Aquarius. I thought an Aquarius would be perfect for me since I am Leo rising, however, I am more challenged by this sign than I expected...

You can definitely find lots written on the internet that is of little or no value and perhaps, as was suggested, even just inflammatory reactions of someone dealing with a very specific situation. It is all just a jumping off point if you ask me.

I always like to consider both sides of the opposition when trying to understand any sign. For Aquarius, that is Leo. When I think of the Leo/Aquarius opposition I think of that old saying, "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?" ... Leo is ruled by the Sun and represents our vital, creative energy. Our Ego and how we define ourselves as unique. Think of Leo as the performer on a stage and Aquarius as the audience. If a Leo takes to the stage and there is no audience to perform for is she still a performer? The traditional ruler of Aquarius was Saturn, which represents the structure and constriction of physical matter, time and space. So this polarity is about giving form to our individuality. With out the contrast of others, our individuality becomes meaningless.

Aquarius usually has many friends and I think this is because they enjoy the unique, vital energy of many individuals.

That is a jumping off point.

The quality of Aquarius that I've been pondering in regard to my friend, is the strong need for personal freedom and autonomy. Aquarius is said to seek groups and community to be part of and causes to fight for. This frees them from the constrictive structure of coupledom I think. Also, protecting the heart might be part of that endeavor as well. I think Aquarius seeks to maintain a level of emotional detachment because they feel the pull of emotions to be a restriction on their free will and autonomy. When they are at the mercy of love they no longer feel free to come and go with the freedom they please.

Everyone is more than their sun sign and every sign is multi-dimensional.
I would love to hear if any of what I've written resonates with you. I use astrology as a way to name the parts of myself and others, to find acceptance and to challenge my own habits and responses. Obviously, I could go on for a while. I will stop now. ;)

In any classification (of anything), one must have enough categories to account for most of the differences, but not so many categories that the classifications become useless. Meyers Briggs has 16, which is four more than basic astrology, but certainly small enough to handle.

I was delighted when I discovered (in my twenties) that your sun sign is only a small part of the story. Maybe the largest influence, but maybe not. Me, I am a double libra with a saggitarius moon. [I think I have like one planet in earth, everything in my chart is air)(libra is cardinal air, the airiest of air, and I have two of 'em] I announced this to a new age therapy/worker I had just met (in the middle of a session) and she pronounced, 'oh, that's why you're so mouthy.' I laughed (and, discounted most of the rest of what she said) because I had a very comfortable degree of certainty that NO one who knew me would ever use the adjective 'mouthy' to describe ME.

But when I was reading the Libra book that told of all the combinations with moons and risings that the description of me was far more accurate than any simple sun sign description I had ever read.

(yah, opalescent, experimenting! ;) )

I am very fond of Breszny's fr33will astrology, as it's far more imaginative and provides more useful things to think about than most common presentations of astrology.

Libra, mouthy? Never! Mouthy sounds like fire to me, not air. Air is too busy contemplating and Libra is too worried about how the words will sound coming out of the mouth. I have Mars in Saggitarius and that is something I can attribute a little mouthiness to! Luckily my impulse to blurt out the harsh truth is usually tempered by my Libran diplomacy... usually.

Rob Brezny is a breath of challenging, fresh air, he is very good at turning ideas on their head.

(Sun, Pluto conjunction in Libra, Moon in Aquarius, Venus in Virgo, Leo rising).

The only thing that's ever stood out as a hit for me in astrology is the idea that a Scorpio is vengeful and slow to forgive. I am a Scorpio, and I sadly have a history of not forgiving when it's time to forgive and move on. [shudder] Had a nightmare about that about a week ago; it really forced me to remind myself to try (even more) to not be like that.

*sigh* I know this all too well. I have far too many Scorpios in my life and I have experienced their inability to forgive first hand.

[nods in acknowledgement]

Surprisingly, C is a Leo and after 6 years we are still as different today as we were then. I find it sometimes hard to connect to him on an intellectual basis because I like science in a "that's cool" kind of way, whereas he likes science in a "this makes that and here we find this and tiny particles explain this."
A lot of it is jibbity jabber to me lol!

I have been told that some signs find Aquarians cold, a few times by gemini's. I don't think I am but I do find that I move on faster than any human should. Also thought my detached reactions to death, break ups and suffering made me impenetrable but now I'm starting to see that maybe I'm a little bit of a sociopath. I love, don't get me wrong, but I love selfishly. If its not working for me or I'm not being captivated then I lose interest and move on. My Leo has been able to keep me focused for the most part but we also have two boys and I seem to be placated by cuddles.

If any sign is likely to wear a tinfoil hat and wait for the mother ship, it is Aquarius woman. She can suffer from escapist fantasies and exhibit deviant behavior.
Source:www.tumblr.com/tagged/aquarius female

LOL yea. Sometimes I'm not too sure I didn't come FROM the mother ship.

I am a Sagitarrius rising and really? Talk about solidifying the individuality. I'm also a Lunar Taurean meaning I hate being pushed which is very true but I find myself conflicted between what I want to do and what needs to be done. I hate HAVING to do something. I HATE to do lists but I'm driven to make them.

All in all, I'm a conundrum in its entirety, and counter act myself constantly.

Astrology

Astrology is the belief that 1/12th of the entire population of the earth are exactly the same and are having the same type of day too:confused:

Astrology

Astrology is the belief that 1/12th of the entire population of the earth are exactly the same and are having the same type of day too:confused:

Did you read the whole thread Brad? Especially the bit where there is more to Astrology than the 12 sun signs???

No, thought not....

16- the magic number

I agree Natja. I follow the Meyers Briggs system if 16 cause its a broader pool. Leaves more to the populace to be individual within their individual signs. :) even tho I don't directly make decisions about love and life based on my astrology I find it fascinatingly accurate sometimes.

Back