As the Tiger Sniffs the Rose...

Now that I actually have some down time before work this evening, I can go over a little bit that's been going on.

I worked straight through the holiday's and made pretty decent money. 14 days straight will wear you out when you're also trying to move, but it was really worth it in the grand scheme of things. This job is pretty low on the stress chart, especially if you're good at deep work and have a passion for the animals' well being as well as being close with your boss. Overall that area of my life couldn't really be better. And less than 2 years from now I will get free school. :cool:

The new house is moving along nicely. Yesterday I finished up the laundry room/back entrance area and the front door. There's a bit of touching up in the kitchen that needs to be done, but I'm not really worried about that at the moment because we're almost done with the rest of the house ::yay::
Then all we really need to do is figure out shelving, which I've brainstormed about along the way. I'm very happy with the plans we have so far. I've been doing a lot of research on Feng Shui and the Bagua chart because it's something that's always really struck my interest. I'm really enjoying myself in the time we're putting into the new house. I'm looking forward to our new space being something we can really be proud of. :D

Socially, things seem to be on a grand incline. Kenny and I have been in the process of rebuilding our social life. Unfortunately, our relationship with The Exs really caged us from exploring life the way we wanted to when we initially became poly. Now that we're away from it and them, we're finding people that were always there before seem to be coming around more. Their body language is less tense and reserved. Some are even telling us that they're why they were distant and confirming some of the feelings either I have always had, or Kenny and I are just now realizing looking at certain behaviors in hindsight.

Kenny is still speaking to his Ex, primarily for professional reasons. Overall I'm glad that he can be an adult about it, but it doesn't stop me from not trusting her communication with him. He's smart enough not to take the bait, but it's pretty apparent that shes playing the long game with him and waiting for an opportunity. And just yesterday I had that suspicion confirmed via an online post that was found that she made on one of her social media pages. It's horribly creepy and slightly concerning, but really I'm just trying to focus on what we have going on now. It's pretty apparent how Kenny feels and her lack of respect for that just validates why we walked away.

Kenny's new interest, as of late has been a young woman I will call Lola. She's a few years younger than me, but very level headed and extremely talented. She is a self taught pole dancer and trapeze artist from a very conservative background. She's very sweet, lively, and independent. Her long term goals are to eventually join a circus, plan B is to teach, but the circus is what she really wants. I actually really enjoy being around her and really look forward to nurturing a friendship with her while things move forward with she and Kenny. They seem to be very much on the same page with what they want and what they want to be for each other and it makes me really happy to see.

As for me, I have a couple of things on the forefront. Nikki and Eskimo are both good lady friends of mine. Eskimo lives about an hour and a half away but we communicate pretty much constantly. It's good to have a girl friend that you can both express attraction and appreciation towards and still girl talk about other attractions and fellas we would totally bone (or could bone together :haha: )

I've had a few couples invite either me or both Kenny and I out for double dates as either poly couples or couples wanting to learn more about it. I'm really excited about that, but Kenny and I have had too much going on to really set a date for any of them.

It's really amazing how much happier Kenny and I are already. Looking back on the past 3 years is like waking up from a really long dream where it eventually became a poly nightmare. Kenny and I suddenly feel so much freer and more able to be ourselves than we ever have. It's a pretty great feeling.