Date Ideas?

Mohegan

Good Morning Everyone!

The husband and I are one step closer to having a girlfriend. We are going on our first "official" date with her on Saturday. But I am at a loss for what to do. We are college students and don't have a lot to spend. But we want to do some thing special with her. She comes over to hang out here a lot so we wanted to take her out to do something "different". I was thinking antiquing as she wants some new jars and bottles for oils and herbs. The husband hates to shop though, so... I have no idea what to do. I was hoping someone had some ideas to share. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Well, my date night this Friday was supposed to be an after hours picnic at a beautiful recreation center. Cheap wine, a few goodies to go with it, a blanket, and a starry sky. But unfortunately it's raining! So we are doing an indoors picnic instead. It sounds like you have a day date. I enjoy picnics in the park. I like smaller parks with less people because I like to swing.

One of the best dates I've ever been on was my fiance took me to a local bakery that had a few tables and a giant assortment of mini cakes, pastries, and fruit tarts. I'm a big foodie and for less than 20 bucks we ate our hearts out. It was fun tasting one and being like omg you have to try this! Or even the ones we didn't like the other would still taste and we got to enjoy each others reactions. Taking turns feeding each other ect ect. It was a really sweet date. No pun intended.

Last edited:
I kinds like that idea. Maybe some shopping, some eating and some play on the playground. Thanks! I hadn't really stopped to think about how hard it is to combine the likes of three different people.

I kinds like that idea. Maybe some shopping, some eating and some play on the playground. Thanks! I hadn't really stopped to think about how hard it is to combine the likes of three different people.

I hope you haven't "ruled" out taking the opportunity to do things with her one-on-one (such as, the two of you could go shopping together WITHOUT him). You don't have to limit yourselves to only doing things as a group of three.

I hope you haven't "ruled" out taking the opportunity to do things with her one-on-one (such as, the two of you could go shopping together WITHOUT him). You don't have to limit yourselves to only doing things as a group of three.

Brilliant :)...you might find developing the relationship as individuals and as a triad will make it stronger...this is something I learned here and intend to bring into any, hopefully, future relationships :)

Thanks for the thoughts, my husband has spent a lot of time with her, she and I are still figuring eachother out. We definitaly enjoy eachother and are interested in seeing where things go. I hadn't ruled out just she and I, just kind of thought we'd all enjoy a group outing. But your thoughts have made me consider spending more one on one time with her. It took me out of the "us" and "her" mindset. And put me into an individual relationships mindset. Probably a better place to be for all of us. Thanks Again!!

keep it simple. Dinner and a movie. You and your husband can sit on either side of her in the movie and at dinner your husband can put a chair at the end of a booth and there or you and him sit on one side and she on the other. I prefer movie before dinner so at dinner you have something common to talk about to break the ice. get dinner at a place where its mellow enough to talk but not to romantic to where its forward. Pick a movie with comedy..like "date night" its fitting...Good luck

Good Morning Everyone!

The husband and I are one step closer to having a girlfriend. We are going on our first "official" date with her on Saturday. But I am at a loss for what to do. We are college students and don't have a lot to spend. But we want to do some thing special with her. She comes over to hang out here a lot so we wanted to take her out to do something "different". I was thinking antiquing as she wants some new jars and bottles for oils and herbs. The husband hates to shop though, so... I have no idea what to do. I was hoping someone had some ideas to share. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I'm not a fan of movies as dates, simply because it doesn't give you much of a chance to interact, unless you are all movie fans and love sitting around and discussing it afterwards.

You didn't say what time of day it was going to be on Saturday, or where you are, but going to a park if the weather is decent is good. Walking and talking can be fun, sitting and watching people go by and chatting as well. Some parks have the possibility to rent bikes and the like.

We have some nice wine-growing areas around us, so a mini wine tour can be fun for us.

Visiting some sort of museum, if it's not too stuffy - we have a great museum like that - the Corning Museum of Glass - cool stuff for artists and geeks alike!

Shopping can be a mixed blessing, especially if some of you aren't really into it.

Sitting in a cafe or coffee shop can be fun, if the weather isn't good. The other benefit is that a lot of coffee shops have those free "what's on locally" papers - you can use that as a basis to discuss something else that the three of you would like to do on a future date.

If you are trying to gauge your relationship with her, then I think time where you can just interact without any pressure would be a good idea.

Most of these ideas can be done on a limited budget.

I could see walking in a park or going to a coffee shop to chat. I'm a fan of simple so if you go in the evening/day or morning you could walk a bridge most of the bridges I am around in Northern CA have Vista points where you can sit and chat before walking or sit and talk after walking...amazingly enough its not to loud with all the cars wizing by.

Brilliant :)...you might find developing the relationship as individuals and as a triad will make it stronger...this is something I learned here and intend to bring into any, hopefully, future relationships :)

You could spend time with her....just the two of you- shopping or something ....and then have him meet the two of you later !!

What if you found a store with something fun for your husband to do like sampling fudge or ice cream? A lot of stores in northern Ontario (I don't know where you're at but maybe there's something similar?) have fudge and little trinkets like bottles.

The couple that is romancing me right now took me out for miniature golf. Well, ok, it also was a playground like thing for adult kids also, the golf, bumper cars, etc. Made us all feel like kids. Really fun and sweet.

You may also try 'kid' things like roller skating. And how I met and 'undated' the male half of the couple, going to the dog park with my four legged family. Which gets along great together, so it's really nice and practical in case I ever move in with them. Far down the road. :)

Renting bicycles in the park. Riverwalks. And oh, about the shopping you mention, why not do what you have in common with her alone and then do what you have in common with him alone? We find that works great for us. And we always have plenty to do as the three of us. We all have a lot in common.

Speaking as a single woman that is dating a couple: let it go like it feels right to. Nothing is written in stone. I met the man first, started to date him, then dated his wife, and we do things all together also. There started to be a structure sorta, now it's not. It's really more about our schedules.

Oh, and I gotta say, she is a chef, he is a veterinarian and SHE prepared the picknick basket for he and I's date once.

have fun in this delicious stage. yummy. :)

Last edited:
Todays the big day:D Just wanted to thank everyone for the ideas. We just found a carnival that is open for the week, so we are all going to go there. The husband gets such a kick out of "having two beautiful women on my arm". So we thought we'd see if we could get him to win us a few prizes :p I really appreciated the thoughts. We've already discussed she and I going shopping together at some point to spend some time together.

Thanks again! Hope everyone has a great weekend! I plan too:p

Oh, and I gotta say, she is a chef, he is a veterinarian and SHE prepared the picknick basket for he and I's date once.

have fun in this delicious stage. yummy. :)

I'm a pastry chef and my husband is an amazing cook, so we definitaly plan on cooking for her. If not tonight definitaly sometime in the near future. We've discussed the picnic idea, but I think the day she and I go shopping, he plans on being home cooking for us.

Just an update for anyone who cares:

Our date didn't quite go as planned. She was still with a boyfriend we thought things had ended with. He is very against her being with anyone but him, very obsessive and controling. So we only spent a few hours together and it was here at the house. She had us pick her up at his house and my husband was very upset to see the hickies all over this guys neck. After that neither of us were up for going out.

It was a long and awkward night. She and my husband talked a lot yesturday and he told she needed to stop the games and be honest.

So she finaly broke things off with the other guy today. We'll see where things go. I'm a little cautious of her now. If she were happy with him it would be one thing, but she claimed she wasn't, yet she was still with him.

I guess it'll be a waiting game. I just feel so bad for my husband. He was so crushed Saturday.

Sorry things didn't go as planned. Your husband was upset about the hickies because it meant they were still intimate I take it. Is he ok with her having other men as long as it is healthy for them both?

new relationship exchanges or conversions need transition time. It's just that simple. I can understand if he would by the unexpected news, but would he have been hurt if you already new, or if they had a healthy relationship?
Patience needs to be practiced when dealing with that kind of situation. The other women needs time to figure out things with her past relationship and her new relationship. That "figuring period" is going to happen with or without your husbands' or your consent or support. It would be prudent to channel that emotion towards her into love and and try and help her deal with what she'll be feeling for a while as she goes from him to you guys(or just your husband, i'm not sure)

Back