Finding Myself in Europe

chaoticheart

Hello,

I guess you could say that I'm new to the Polyamory idea more than the lifestyle, I've been practicing the lifestyle for a few years now but always under the misguided interpretation that I was attempting to find a lasting relationship with one person.

I've just recently come to realize that my spirit and my beliefs favor being able to be free to love and be loved be by more than one person. I recently was introduced to a wonderful book about the polyamorous beliefs on open relationships and realized that this was the life I've been seeking for so many years.

I also just recently moved to the Tri-border area just outside of Sittard Netherlands so I am attempting to reach out and make contact with those who believe the same way as I do in hopes that I can better understand the new path before me.

I'm looking for people near me who can help to guide me and show me what it truly means to love free and to help me break out of the societal expectations of mono relationships.

Thanks, Look forward to getting know you all.

Scott.

In my opinion you have already found the meaning to love free and you have already broken out of societal expectations of mono relationships (but even that differs per individual mono relationships). Just think of it this way: every person is unique and whoever loves you should love you for who you are and the other way around.
Do not let the term polyamory distract you into believing this is a set lifestyle with pros and cons and do's and donts. Maybe the difference is that there aren't any. It is open and with being open you will never be unfaithful to anyone.

I am from holland myself. Don't say dutch people have it the easy way as we are such open minded people as that is how people here just ACT conforming societal expectations.

Back