Greetings from Oregon...new member

rosiepeterson

Hello everyone,
My name is Rosie and I have a female partner of 20 years who goes by Joe. We are raising a five year old boy and he is just amazing. Only thing missing is a man around. Gavin would love to have a father and Joe and I are both bisexual. We were both with men when we met and fell in love. We grew up and live in Portland, Oregon and love it here. Joe will sign up for her own account, but I am hoping we will meet some strong functioning poly families. We've been so cautious about offending people with our alternative lifestyle that we dont have many friends. I'll post some pics of us as soon as I get clearance. If you live near by and want to hang out sometime lets go out for coffee or lunch.
As for me, im ready to drop the facade and let people know what I'm all about. Telling people for 20 years that we're just roomates has kept us from getting close to others. I'm 42 in 5 days and ready to get real about who I am and what I want. Yeah me! You all have a great weekend!!

There are a bunch of poly meetups in Portland and the surrounding area (Beaverton and Vancouver both have one as well, not sure about other areas). You might check those out if you're wanting to meet people IRL. Meetup.com or fetlife have them posted.

Trust me, you will offend very few people in that area. lol When I first lived there, I was told that if you throw something, you have more of a chance to hit someone nonmonogamous or LGBTQ than you do have hitting someone who falls into the traditional heternormative monogamous side of things. So far, it has been totally accurate (not that I throw things, but I do strike up random conversations).

Greetings Rosie,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

That would be great if Joe signed up too, I think you will find that we have some strong functioning poly families here, as well as poly singles, and there are of course people here who are having a rough go of it and need to ask for the forum's advice. That's one of the main services the forum provides. The good news is the people giving the advice know what they're talking about.

If you have any questions let us know. I'm glad you're here.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Rosie! I live in Portland Oregon and am new to poly but am excited to get out there as well. I’m a poly-hetero 43 yr old male (just turned) Music Artist/Professional and so am primarily seeking a FF to form atri, or as I like to call, tribe;) No kids, but I often wish, planned/otherwise, that I had my own. So when I read your post I felt compelled to reach out and say I would love to exchange pics/coffee, would be up for whatever’s clever:) lmk and I’ll send you my #. Pleased to meet you🙏😎

You live in "Potland" and are afraid you're too alternative? How is that even possible? I live in Massachusetts, but I visited friends in Tacoma, Portland and Seattle in 2008 for a week, and found it to be super groovy/hippie/pagan/alternative/artsy/natural.

Mod note: @Spartacus541 please don't expect a reply from Rosie, this post was from 2016 and she has not been online since.

Oops, lol I missed that.

Back