Hello all :)

blu3night

My name is Amanda. I am fairly new to the poly world and really looking to find someone to reach out to with all of my questions. My husband and i are both in our mid 20s, happily married and love the idea of sharing our love with another. Unfortunately I have had a terrible time finding a local support group, or any sort of local poly person to help me with any questions I have. We live in NE Pennsylvania and it seems there are no meetings or organized groups to be found. I am hoping there is someone online who can either help me with my feelings of isolation when it comes to the lifestyle or point me in the direction of a local organization that I can't seem to find. Thanks For Reading :)

AlanAnna

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Greetings Amanda,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Like Alan and Anna said, Polyamory.com is definitely a good place to find support for your poly questions and concerns. For starters, I always greet and follow on each new intro thread, so whenever you want to ping me you can always post a ping on this here thread.

Live poly support is spotty throughout the United States and the world. In some places you can find quite a few local poly groups; in other places you can't hardly find any.

A few links in addition to the ones Alan and Anna mentioned are:

You never know when a local poly group can be found through Fetlife or Facebook; you might be surprised. Also you can try simple stuff like googling "Pennsylvania polyamory" ... though that's likely something you've already tried.

But hey if nothing turns up for you locally, you definitely have this here site that you can lean on for help and answers. Take advantage of all we offer here and explore our various threads and boards. There's so much to learn; polyamory (like communication) is a lifelong learning process.

Hope that helps for starters. Let us know what else would smooth out the way!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Cupcakeosaurus

Hello! I'm also new to the forum, but I have been poly all my dating life. I have been with my primary live in partner for 8 years and my BF for 10 months. I am by no means an expert, but if you ever want someone to chat to or ask questions to, just give me a message xx Have fun on the forum :)