Hi Ya'll

mosaicbtrfly

Greetings! I have suddenly found myself in the reality of a polyamorous relationship. My husband and I have discussed the possibility of this happening. However, I guess I thought it would never happen and I was under the mistaken belief that it was about sex. So, I figured he'd have his "fling" and move on. Now he has met somebody and reality has set in. I have been reading a lot about it over the past week. I really think his nature is more toward polyamory. The problem is that I am not sure about mine. He is being very supportive and loving. We are talking and sharing things that we have never shared in 22 years together. But gosh, it is scary. I think right now I really just want to hang out and "listen". And ask questions as they come up. I live in the very conservative south of Louisiana. Let's say people DO NOT think very progressively here. I have only one person who I can speak with here and she is monogamous minded. I would love to just have some folks who I can kind of "hang" with and work out the kinks. I hope that is ok.
Thanks!:confused:

Welcome to the boards!

Sure, you can hang here. We have plenty of room.

come talk to us anytime!

My whole family is poly by nature. And we are as deep south as you can get. I grew up thinking that everyone was the same way! Don't jump into anything before you are ready to do so. This is the best advice I ever recieved. Good luck, and welcome to the site

I can see where you are coming from. I have been married 18 years and never dreamed I would allow any such thing happen in our marriage. It was all in timing. The two of us finding the perfect couple we both connected with. Take your time, and the most important aspect of this whole thing is to communicate with your husband. Talk to him about how you feel and what scares you and what makes you happy. Hang in there...

Back