Hi.

Hi everyone. :)

After lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks, I thought it was time to sign up and participate.

My name is Terri and I am a bisexual female. I am engaged to Chris who is straight. We have been in a poly relationship for four years with Amanda who is bisexual.

We met Amanda on a swingers website, but we had no idea what we were about to enter with her. After talking through emails and the phone, we met face to face at a restaurant. When we saw each other, a spark ignited that was very surprising. We were just drawn to each other, all 3 of us. None of us had even thought of a poly relationship before, but we knew something was there.

After getting together more, all 3 of us just knew we were forming a very loving relationship and wanted it to keep going. Chris and I discussed the possibility of doing a poly relationship after reading some stuff about it. After we agreed that we want her to be there in that way, we talked to her about it over dinner and she also said that she was reading about it too. We just really took a liking to each other and didn't want it to stop and luckily it hasn't.

Even though Chris and I are getting married, we are going to plan something very special for her too, which I think she is going to like very much. The 3 of us love each other so much that we are so happy we found each other. It has made our lives much happier and more fulfilling. The love that Chris and I have for each other is the same love we have for her. She has made our lives richer just by knowing her.

It is nice to be here and share about our poly life and hope to make some new friends too. Have a good day everyone. :)

Hello and welcome! Sound like you have a really good dynamic going on - so nice to hear from a new poster with a lot of positives!

JaneQ

Greetings Terri,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Amen, it's good to hear such an upbeat story and to know that a triad can come together naturally and be a good fit. It sounds like you're planning on a commitment ceremony for the three of you, something on that order. Do the three of you live together? and/or, do you plan to?

It's great to have you on our site, and I hope you'll enjoy participating.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for the warm welcome. :)

We do have a good dynamic, Jane. She is absolutely wonderful. It was just meant to be. :)

Kdt, the 3 of us do live together and that is what we are planning to do with her. :)

It is cool, kdt. :)

She is so nice, sweet and loving. I think she will be surprised but happy. We are planning this without her knowing. Although sometimes it is difficult to keep it from her, we have managed to do it. We'd rather let be a surprise, because being surprised can produce the best reaction that will last a lifetime. :)

Good surprises rock.

Yes they do, kdt. :D

She also likes to goof on him too, so it's nice to have a tag team partner when it comes to that. :D

One time she threw a fake rubber spider into the shower and the reaction was so funny. He went crazy and ran out of the bathroom dripping water all over the house screaming. She and I were laughing so hard we almost stopped breathing. I loved it. It's too bad we didn't record a video. If we did, I would watch it everyday.

It's never a dull moment at our house. :D

It sounds like your house is infested with three rascals. ;)

You have to be on your toes. You never know when one of us is going to strike. :D

We also do stuff to our friends and relatives too when the opportunity arises. :D

LOLOL. You guys are rotton to the core, you know that, right? :)

Hi Northeastpoly! Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like congratulations are in order :D.
I barely know you and yet I am so happy for you!! You have accomplished what so many of us are still striving for.
I wish you many years of happiness in your relationship.
You give hope to those of us still searching...thank you for posting and good luck!!!

Hi TNT and thank you. :)

Everyone has their soul mates. It takes longer for some than others. One thing we always tell people, whether they are poly or not, is to not give up. The right relationship comes along when it's the right time. Never try to force it and just let it come naturally. :)

Re:
"One thing we always tell people, whether they are poly or not, is to not give up."

I like that statement. :)

Sounds a lot like our relationship

My wife and I had been married for 23 years when our partner came into our lives. She occasionally stayed with us after her husband passed away and my wife and I fell in love with her. It is just the three of us in a committed relationship; sounds a lot like yours. Nothing wrong with having outside partners in a poly relationship, but it's just not us.

Nice to find someone that has a similar relationship.

John

Hi everyone. :)

After lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks, I thought it was time to sign up and participate.

My name is Terri and I am a bisexual female. I am engaged to Chris who is straight. We have been in a poly relationship for four years with Amanda who is bisexual.

We met Amanda on a swingers website, but we had no idea what we were about to enter with her. After talking through emails and the phone, we met face to face at a restaurant. When we saw each other, a spark ignited that was very surprising. We were just drawn to each other, all 3 of us. None of us had even thought of a poly relationship before, but we knew something was there.

After getting together more, all 3 of us just knew we were forming a very loving relationship and wanted it to keep going. Chris and I discussed the possibility of doing a poly relationship after reading some stuff about it. After we agreed that we want her to be there in that way, we talked to her about it over dinner and she also said that she was reading about it too. We just really took a liking to each other and didn't want it to stop and luckily it hasn't.

Even though Chris and I are getting married, we are going to plan something very special for her too, which I think she is going to like very much. The 3 of us love each other so much that we are so happy we found each other. It has made our lives much happier and more fulfilling. The love that Chris and I have for each other is the same love we have for her. She has made our lives richer just by knowing her.

It is nice to be here and share about our poly life and hope to make some new friends too. Have a good day everyone. :)

Hi Terri! Welcome to the forum. We are in a similar relationship, but in our case I got married to my wife and later fell in love with our man who we love as our "husband". We plan on doing a ceremony for each of us with him and we are excited!

Julie

John: That is great to hear of your relationship with her. It's sad she lost her husband, who was the love of her life, but she had you 2 to depend on for love and support that blossomed into more. She is lucky to have you both in her life and I know you are thankful as well. :)

Julie: That is great news! :) I hope all 3 of you have a fun and lovely ceremony. :)

Back