I used to dream a silly dream-Oregon-F-20 yrs old

It's funny, I am a caregiver at heart. It's what I do. What I have always done.
From before I can remember my concern has always been for others but for awhile I let myself dream a silly dream.

A dream where my plans were also about caring for me. My needs and wants. I have always planned to add others to my life but to be honest in my mind I was always by myself. Taking care of a whole life in and carrying a world.

For awhile there was this dream and I know it was a dream because my heart sang when it would dance in the corners of my subconscious plus we lived in the trees.

My name is probably not a good thing to put on a site I found six hours ago but you can call me Ren or Ren-Ren or Reny.
I am twenty years old. I am pursuing an undergraduate in Business administration with a focus on marketing and family business. I am hoping to go to graduate school.
I am bi-sexual. That might be pertinent.
I also would kick ass at scrabble if I could sit still long enough to play.
I like reading alot but at any given time I am in the middle of probably 20 different series. I read a book or so a day though so I gt through them.

I am going to adopt kids before I have any biologically. I plan to live on land close enough to people that I can have a meaningful community but far enough away that I won't end up having to share my apocalypse plans with them. (You can't make a winky laughing emoji on here but that's what exists in this spot)

I used to have this fantasy where I had a whole web of interconnected poly relationships and we lived in tree houses but they were super cool with all the creature comforts and we had like eleven kids and I never had to talk to people ever again if I didn't want to. Also a large percentage of my partners knew how to make delicious coffee. Keep in mind that this literally started as a dream before I even knew what polyamory was.

Anyways I was actually just wondering if when other people were imagining cookie cutter suburb palace relationships or dreaming of a prince charming if there were any other folks dreaming a almost silly dream

😉
I can do emojis from my phone keyboard ☺️

I wanted commune style life once, long before I knew what poly was but I knew I wanted to be surrounded by people I could romantically and sexually develop relationships with sans the usual mono normative experience.

My life went in a different direction, partly because I didn't have a clue where to begin looking for such places since I lived in a small country with a very small population, and didn't have the means to travel away.

I hope you get to experience all the things in life that bring you joy and happiness, and just enough sorrow to know when you're happy.

These days, my life looks cookie cutter from the outside, but iykyk. The tricky part is, one of my partners is long distance - international long distance - and the pandemic put the kybosh on accessible travel 😞 but I'll get to the States one of these days.

(FYI, usually we don't comment on posts in this section since they are usually mostly personal ads of a sort, but yours reads more like an introduction...would you like it moved to introductions so a variety of people engage with you?)

Evie

In my pre-teen and teenage years I was focused on my education and future career (whatever science-y thing that turned out to be).

I didn't think too much of relationships, I was going to be too busy and driven to have much time for anything serious than sexual and playful friendships. Certainly nothing exclusive. I thought I would either live alone and host guests at my leisure, or maybe be part of an amorphous family group (ala Long Family style in the Heinlein universe) where one was free to come or go and make arrangements that suited. I would have ID'd as polyamorous, except the word hadn't been invented yet (generally attributed to Morning Glory Zell in the early 1990s).

Then life happened and, as is often the case, you get caught off-guard and taken by surprise! (Not complaining, it's been a fairly adventurous journey, I just happened to have acquired a travelling companion along the way, sometimes more than one.) But that's no reason to abandon the rest of the plan - living on the land and prepping (lazily!) for the apolocalyse - mostly thinking of back-ups for my back-ups. (Word to the wise, you have to know how to USE and MAINTAIN your systems - needed a back-up generator for my stand-by generator during the last ice storm when grid-power was out for 3 days. It was a busted natural gas valve...for an inline generator so old that the quest for a replacement is still ongoing.:unsure:)

From before I can remember my concern has always been for others but for awhile I let myself dream a silly dream.

A dream where my plans were also about caring for me. My needs and wants. I have always planned to add others to my life but to be honest in my mind I was always by myself. Taking care of a whole life in and carrying a world.

For awhile there was this dream and I know it was a dream because my heart sang when it would dance in the corners of my subconscious plus we lived in the trees.

My name is probably not a good thing to put on a site I found six hours ago but you can call me Ren or Ren-Ren or Reny.
I am twenty years old. I am pursuing an undergraduate in Business administration with a focus on marketing and family business. I am hoping to go to graduate school.
I like reading alot but at any given time I am in the middle of probably 20 different series. I read a book or so a day though so I gt through them.

I am going to adopt kids before I have any biologically. I plan to live on land close enough to people that I can have a meaningful community but far enough away that I won't end up having to share my apocalypse plans with them. (You can't make a winky laughing emoji on here but that's what exists in this spot)

I used to have this fantasy where I had a whole web of interconnected poly relationships and we lived in tree houses but they were super cool with all the creature comforts and we had like eleven kids and I never had to talk to people ever again if I didn't want to. Also a large percentage of my partners knew how to make delicious coffee. Keep in mind that this literally started as a dream before I even knew what polyamory was.

Anyways I was actually just wondering if when other people were imagining cookie cutter suburb palace relationships or dreaming of a prince charming if there were any other folks dreaming a almost silly dream
In my child years, I would dream of living in a forest by a river or ocean. I wanted homes that were different than all the others I’d seen so I would draw pictures of circle homes. I used to color mine all kinds of different colors and designs 🤣
Life has taken me on a wild adventure and I now live in the suburbs in what would be considered “cookie cutter”. I love the energy of our home and peace it brings me. It’s also in a spot that is close enough to go over a bridge and I’m along the river, in rolling hills and open land going one way or, going the other way, not too far from another bridge and the beach. My new dream is to hold onto my home and have a second one tucked into the rolling hills.

That’s awesome you plan to adopt. My husband and I provided foster care for a few years and is an experience I hold close to my heart. It’s also great you’re in the midst of so many books! My new career is quite demanding so mine have not been devoured in quite some time.

We are a Arkansas couple looking to get off grid and homestead looking for a female to join us

Back