Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
1:04 p.m., Wednesday the 22nd

It looks like today's high was actually 75°, and we had rain in the morning. I have turned the ceiling fan off in my room, and left my light on. And the highs for the next week are predicted to peak out in the mid-80's. No 90's. All in all a pretty good deal. There's even some more rain in the forecast.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
2:35 p.m., Thursday the 23rd

I played another bot game yesterday, I think the bot's name was David. I won but wow, what a painful, awful game. He kicked my ass until the very end. I don't know what's happening to me, I was playing 1500-point bots and winning, now I can barely win against any 1400-point bots. I feel so burned out on the whole thing, I dread every bot game I play, and just want to lose and get it over with as quickly as possible. Yesterday's game was not quick like that, it was dragged out and took about an hour and a half. Not fun.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
3:10 p.m., Friday the 24th

I'm off to a late start today, but the forum isn't very busy, so maybe I'll have enough extra time to play another bot game ... yay?

So one of the few bad things about this house is that we have roaches. I saw three today ... or maybe I just saw one, and it got around really fast. Sigh. And I don't have the stomach to kill a bug -- in most cases. Okay maybe if it was an assassin spider ...

Eponine

I hate both roaches and spiders. There were often roaches in our previous apartment. Now there are hardly any roaches, but spiders are much more common. 😠

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
12:52 p.m., Saturday the 25th

Spiders are actually innocuous 99% of the time, insects are more often the problem, and spiders eat the insects. However, spiders are also uber-creepy. Except for jumping spiders, they're okay.

I saw "the one roach" a fourth time yesterday, since then it has vanished. I don't know what was going on yesterday, for weeks before that I didn't see any roaches, at least none that were alive and active. All of a sudden four sightings? What's up with that.

I would freak out if I saw a Florida roach.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
12:56 p.m., Sunday the 26th

The forum is super quiet today, I am afraid that I'll have time to do a bot game. Nooooooo!

We've gotten a lot of rain over the past week or so. It rained again this morning, and rain (with thunder) is also predicted for tomorrow.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
1:01 p.m., Tuesday the 28th

I'm thinking Brother-Husband and Snowbunny (and Eddie) are coming home tomorrow, but I'm somewhat confused. The shared calendar seems to indicate that they will have a flight to Denver, and then a flight to San Francisco. Huh? Where's the flight to Albuquerque? Is San Francisco the place where they're going to pick up a puppy?

No new bot games yet. No idea whether there'll be one today.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
4:15 p.m., Wednesday the 29th

No there wasn't. As it happened, I got caught up on Facebook about ten minutes before 6:00 p.m., which is when it was time to feed Rainee (and myself). And after that, I (brushed and) turned in.

BH and SB are home, they got home just shy of 2:20 p.m. ... as it turns out the thing about San Francisco was just a fluke, SB is thinking that the plane stopped in Albuquerque and then continued on to San Fran.

SB says that the three of us will eat out tonight. I am supremely looking forward to it.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
2:30 p.m., Thursday the 30th

Well we did not eat out. We did however have takeout (DoorDash), which is the next best thing. We had Mexican from a place called, I think Juani? I had a bean burrito (Christmas) with a side of guac. It was good, the guac was especially good.

At 3:00 or 4:00 p.m., a guy will come over to assess what we can get in the way of an A/C unit/heat pump. I don't know what we'll do for dinner.

It seems that near the end of their trip, BH and SB caught a bug of some kind, so I am kind of quarantined as I am the only one who isn't sick (yet). BH tested negative for Covid, SB tested uncertain (a faint line on her test). So much fun.

AlwaysGrowing

A faint line was the end of testing positive for me. Any color in the line indicates infection. If it's just a grayish or indent line with no color, then it's inconclusive.

I had a very very faint positive one day then a negative the next at the end of my isolation period when I had covid.

Edited to add: it can vary by brand, but for most I believe the guideline is any reddish/ pink line is positive.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
5:05 p.m., Friday the 1st

SB is usually pretty paranoid about even a chance of testing positive, so she is taking precautions. We did have a vet appointment for the animals, it took her a month to get the appointment so she did not want to cancel. She went by herself (with the pets) and wore a mask.

Last night we had TV dinners for dinner, and I guess tonight we are having veggie burgers. Woo hoo?