Long term poly, american, living in Sweden

ckn46

Hi,

My name is Chris and I am a fairly "long term" poly person. I am an American but have been living between Sweden and the US for most of the past decade, the last two consecutively here.

I have spent most of my adult life being polyamorous, but did not receive a proper introduction to it until the mid-1990s where I used to attend the poly-munches in NYC. Shortly afterwards following a few bad experiences I disastrously tried my hand at monogamy and have been more or less true to my consensually non-monogamous nature for the past 5 years both here in Sweden and in Seattle.

In my previous polyamorous incarnations I might have considered myself a relationship anarchist, though of late I have been working towards long term and connected consensually non-monogamous relationships.

Currently I find myself in a V between two very lovely women with whom I deeply adore and hope to have a loving and long term relationship with.

I have known about this forum for a few years, and participate in the Swedish polyheart.se site as best I can with my adopted language and I look forward to participating and learning from your experiences here.

:)

Welcome aboard, Chris!

I'm curious... Are the Swedes similar to Americans in terms of knowledge and acceptance of polyamory?

Welcome aboard, Chris!

I'm curious... Are the Swedes similar to Americans in terms of knowledge and acceptance of polyamory?

Thanks! Poly is not as widely known about or accepted here. Though the scene is growing, and very understanding and accepting of all types of people. It all sort of reminds me of the way it was in NYC in the mid 90s.

Back