Looking for a polygamy friend in Bangkok

AnonymouslyShy

I'm still slowly learning more and more about polygamy and I would love to talk to someone about it. I've read up on it online but have yet to see it realize, understood or practiced. I understand that here in Thailand it kinda is frowned upon or shamed at but I still don't think we should hide who we are. So I really would love to talk about this with someone who understands what it feels like, or if possible to show me how it is I would really appreciate your time and effort.

Thank you,
P

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Hello P,

I don't know if you're looking for someone local to you, I am quite far away but if you want you can ask me questions. Polygamy is when more than two people are married to each other; the word is often used in lieu of polygyny (especially patriarchal polygyny). In the United States, polygamy is illegal, but people can consider themselves unofficially married even if they can't do it in the legal sense. That's what my situation is. I have two poly companions, one my romantic partner, the other her other partner (what you would call my "metamour"). Technically our arrangement is a kind of polyamory, but you could call it polygamy in an unofficial sense.

Regards,
Kevin T.

AnonymouslyShy

I've read up on quite a bit but yes I would like to locally talk about polygamy with someone just purely because I currently believe thais are really unexpressing when it comes to these kinds of topics. Alot of people don't know who they are or what they want in life thus I hope to bring out that side in people. Thank you for your replies btw it really reinforces what I've read up on and really helps to bolster my understanding on the topic more.

Cheers
P

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
No problem; I'm glad if I could help in some small way.

Magdlyn

Staff member
I've read up on quite a bit but yes I would like to locally talk about polygamy with someone just purely because I currently believe thais are really unexpressing when it comes to these kinds of topics. Alot of people don't know who they are or what they want in life thus I hope to bring out that side in people. Thank you for your replies btw it really reinforces what I've read up on and really helps to bolster my understanding on the topic more.

Cheers
P
There are few Asians on this site, unfortunately. It seems dating, betrothal and marriage are still done quite differently in many Asian countries as opposed to how things are currently being done in Europe and the US and Canada. Polyamory is a feminism-based concept, and by and large, Asian countries are still more patriarchal than Western ones.