Mourning my lost relationships & looking forward

Valynn

Dental Annoyances

Well got the tooth pulled as scheduled last week and has since healed. Then found out the there is a 50/50 chance of the root canal & the new partial denture being approved by my insurance.

BOTH WERE DENIED

According to the insurance I have other teeth in the area to bite & chew with for the root canal being denied. I am beside myself that the denture was denied. I am missing 8 teeth in the front lower & cannot bite at all without using my tongue to meet my top teeth then kinda shake my head to tear away a reasonable mouthful of food. It's very embarrassing.

There is no way that the old partial could be used cause both anchor teeth for it have since been removed. I will be calling the insurance tomorrow to see what can be done. this is ridiculous. I do not have $770 out of pocket to have this done. I really do not want to beg JR to pay for it.

Last edited:

Valynn

We also have gone to lots of apartment viewings but none of them have panned out. I have 2 more nibbles on the line (yes we have devolved into fishing terms) both in the same town. Nibble 1 is tomorrow at 4pm & Nibble 2 is on Saturday at 1pm.

Valynn

Surprise for today, I got a call from my dental insurance while out on lunch with JR. I had totally forgotten that I had requested info on how to submit an appeal. It turns out that my root canal was one procedure to be approved. The post & cap was a separate approval. Both have been denied due to NY state defining that if I have 8 points of contact in that area, that I can chew properly. Making the root canal & cap a non-essential, cosmetic procedure. But since my initial check up when they found it, it now throbs and will most likely only get worse.

She did not have any info on my denture partial approval. She did take notes that I need entire new replacement of an older, 5 tooth partial denture. So hopefully with this additional info the approval will be swift.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nibble #1 got away. We still have #2 on Saturday to look at so the search continues.

Last edited:

Valynn

At my last GYN check up my doctor found a suspicious lump/enlarged duct in my left breast. I am going to have a mammogram with a sonogram. I am I bit freaked & I couldn't get an appointment due to the holidays both secular & governmental.

Valynn

It's a hurry up and wait thing right now. On Monday I requested my medical records from the imaging place I had my previous mammogram from. That place I found out was out of network for my new insurance. And I cannot schedule an appointment at the new place without my records. YAY **super sarcastic tone**

Valynn

I had to cancel a vending event I had today. I think I may have pinched a nerve in my neck. I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday to find out what exactly is wrong. But I cannot turn my neck to the left or lift my left arm over shoulder height with feeling pain shooting up my neck like lightening bolts.

Valynn

Neck issues still happening, but slowly getting better. Doctor agrees that I may have aggravated my herniated discs in my neck. I have a prescribed painkiller now.

I shifted in bed and pressed my neck into the pillow. My neck made a loud cracking noise, I coughed and groaned. But I can move my neck without much pain. Could it be the meds? I dunno. But I will continue to be careful, rest & take my meds.

My records finally arrived in the mail & I have a new appointment to have my mammogram & sonogram on Oct 8th.

Evie

Kaitiaki
All the best with your healing and future tests!

Valynn

Thanks Evie. I need all the good energy I can get!!

I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. A check up to see how everything is going. I may be having some side effects due to the medication I am on. Lots of general itchiness, a rash on my hands & my neck. I may be put into a neck brace if things aren't going well. Then MRI & therapy maybe the next steps.
Then on Friday I have a dental appointment for what I think is my impression for the partial denture. If not, then it's the root canal that I am not looking forward too. But Saturday is a double feature of a medieval event & pagan/Wiccan convention. So yay!

Valynn

Ok, new prognosis is now sprained neck. No neck brace, off the painkiller cause yes, the rash is caused by the side effects. I am to be put on a cream to clear that up but still haven't heard anything from my pharmacy. I will take another Benadryl tonight & begin the calling to see if he's called in the script. Hopefully the insurance doesn't deny this script like they did with the muscle relaxants he prescribed with the painkiller.

I am currently using a travel neck pillow as a pseudo-neck brace when I am sitting up. And JR just bought me a new pillow to help cushion my neck at night. It's the little things like that that tells me he really cares about me.

Last edited:

Valynn

Well, it was a root canal. I am glad that it's done. But now I am wondering if I really need the crown on it which would be another $300+ I can't afford to pay out of pocket. I don't care that my only bicuspid is turned in the wrong direction. No one can see it anyway. I am sore, but at least the constant throbbing pain is gone. I just took a pic of it and it looks like any other filling I have ever had. No post is sticking out. I think I am pleased with it as it is.

Valynn

Today JR & I went and saw a cute studio cottage for rent. It was currently going through renovations & won't be ready until November 1st. We are a the top of the "To be contacted, Very interested" list.

We (JR, Dexus, Reanna {Dexus' GF}, Sammi {Reanna's Roomie} & I) are having our first road trip vacation together to Salem, MA for Samhain/Halloween weekend. I have never been & I am super excited!

Last edited:

Valynn

Medical update

Oct 9th was my mammography & sonogram. Got notice on the 13th that I was all clear. But will need to get a sonogram yearly with the mammogram due to "an excess of fibroglandular density" AKA super dense breast tissues.