Near Toronto, ON - Canada

tt99

Where are you my little Canadians?

I'm poly by nature, but single in reality :) . My bf of 4+ years and I have recently decided to separate. I believe, I don't really keep track of time very well. It's not a score and no one's winning. Forever is an odd concept to me. Buuut anyway - we're not together anymore. He's finally found the right apt for himself after a 6 week long search and I suppose it will be official on Sept 1. It's been tough, but we're not right for each other.

Me - in concept I believe in Polyamory. From my own personal experience, it still only works in theory. We're just raised with different ideals than poly accepts and people often feel too much like they need to hide things from one another for fear of disapproval because that's the habit we've formed in our society. Still, I'm not ready to give up.

In my experience, when the wrong people or people at wrong points in their lives get into poly, it's because they're not happy in their own relationship and not ready to own up to it. I believe that's what happened with my most recent bf - we're probably both guilty of that. I believe that's what's happening with friends of ours. Acceptance is a big pill to swallow.

I would love to talk to people who have had a different experience. I'm interested in exploring a real, honest poly relationship. I'm currently under the impression that I'd like to find a lovely couple to be friends a lovers with. However, I don't want to get involved in someone else's messy relationship. I see too much of that and I can't feel good about myself if I'm the cause for someone's drama.

So, tell me how it's gonna be, George...

;) xo

Hi tt99,
Welcome to our forum.

I'm perty dern sure we have a lot of Canadian members, so you're in good company. :)

Sorry to hear about your recent/pending separation. I've been fortunate in my poly experience so far, so I know that good things do happen. Take heart.

Take some time to explore the various threads on this site, and post any thoughts/questions/concerns you may have.

Glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back