NY Polys?

XYZ123

I figured, what the heck. My hubby and I are in NYC and have decided that, after the baby is born, we're going to start immersing ourselves a bit into the world that is poly. I'd like to maybe go to meetings, clubs, whatever's out there but I don't know where to start. He's found websites and events but I am SO shy about just showing up. I'd love to get to know people who are into the lifestyle and willing to show newbies around or at least help us be prepared for what to expect in the NYC scene. I'm only interested in friendships so not unicorn hunting or trying for hook ups. The best relationships are those I fall into, not those I seek out. Anyone else in NY willing to make friends? I know we're not known for our friendliness, but I've always been told I don't belong in the city. :)

Hi, I am from the NYC area as well and go to some of the poly events here. If you want to take at all feel free to private message me!

Im in NJ, my bf , P, attends Poly \Hour a poly meetup once a month @ a bar in nyc. I however, have not gone yet as 1) I am bad at socializing in the best of circumstances and would be suuuper shy. I would probably end up just standing around while P the social butterfly does his thang 2) I am 100% new to poly and consider myself mono for the time being 3) I am not 21 untill september. Sad really =\ so P goes without me. but i hear its a lot of fun.

"Come and bring your wife, husband, girlfriends, boyfriends and theirs and meet like-minded people. If you consider yourself polyamorous or to be in an open relationship, or are considering this loving and progressive way of life, you are invited to come and get advice and support, have some drinks and laughs, and build our community. All are welcome. 7-11 PM. To be added to the mailing list, or if you have any questions, please contact [email protected]. Second Monday of every month at China 1, 50 Avenue B at 4th St."

Last edited:
Hi XY

I am in NYC as well. I do go to some of the meetings and can let you know about what is happening in this area. You or anyone else plese feel free to Private message me .
John

HI Glow

I dont know if I will be going on the 11th yet. ( I will be doing a post Holidays cleanse) but I should be there in Feb. If you do go I will make an extra effort to go. Just let me know.
John

i think JustChristine, and I are going on the 11th, although that's not definite. when she gets home from NC i'll have a more solid idea. i'll let you know.

I figured, what the heck. My hubby and I are in NYC and have decided that, after the baby is born, we're going to start immersing ourselves a bit into the world that is poly. I'd like to maybe go to meetings, clubs, whatever's out there but I don't know where to start. He's found websites and events but I am SO shy about just showing up. I'd love to get to know people who are into the lifestyle and willing to show newbies around or at least help us be prepared for what to expect in the NYC scene. I'm only interested in friendships so not unicorn hunting or trying for hook ups. The best relationships are those I fall into, not those I seek out. Anyone else in NY willing to make friends? I know we're not known for our friendliness, but I've always been told I don't belong in the city. :)
My advice would be to sign up to one or more of the NYC Poly Yahoo groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Polyamorous_NYC_A/ or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nyc-poly/ or the web-based one at http://www.poly-nyc.com/.

Get a "feel" of the groups based on what gets posted, and see if there are people there with whom you feel you resonate. Knowing a little about some of the names involved can really help break down that nasty feeling of "here's a wall of people that I don't know!"

Just to let the New York Residents know - we have a "Social Group" on here called "Polyamory New York" which you can join. I'd like to make sure that we can do things like pool our resources to get a comprehensive list of poly resources in the state, and to let people know of events and such-like.

You can find it by going to the "Community" link on the menu bar and picking "Social Groups".

Just to let the New York Residents know - we have a "Social Group" on here called "Polyamory New York" which you can join. I'd like to make sure that we can do things like pool our resources to get a comprehensive list of poly resources in the state, and to let people know of events and such-like.

You can find it by going to the "Community" link on the menu bar and picking "Social Groups".

I'm confused. I don't seen any "Community" link on the menu bar.

I'm confused. I don't seen any "Community" link on the menu bar.
Oh? My little forum menu bar says "User CP", "FAQ", "Community", "Caldendar", "New Posts", "Search", "Quick Links" and "Log Out" - do you see something different? On mine it's blue background with white writing.

If you can't see it, then you should be able to find the Group from my profile.

Oh? My little forum menu bar says "User CP", "FAQ", "Community", "Caldendar", "New Posts", "Search", "Quick Links" and "Log Out" - do you see something different? On mine it's blue background with white writing.

If you can't see it, then you should be able to find the Group from my profile.

Okay, now I see it. It was hiding in plain sight! I was looking for something to the left, not across the top.

Thanks!

I hate it when they hide like that! ;)

BTW, I want to say that I'm all for networking, connection, and relationship.

And at the same time I'm wondering what value there is per se in identifying as "NY Polys" given that the state is so big and spread out.

Back