Pets

baratheon1487

What kind of pets do you have?

I have two chihuahuas, two cockatiels, one betta fish, and one outdoor semi wild cat.

I used to be a run a small time bird rescue, and had close to 30 birds at a time.

Three cats, all male. Brown tabby shorthair, fluffy black-and-white, fluffy tabby.

Two dogs, both female. Both black. Lab/Newfoundland for the big one, we think, and Lab/coonhound for the small one.

All rescues in one way or another, and all fixed. (I have young twins. Who needs puppies or kittens?)

Our house has five individuals: three (adult) humans, and two (female) pets:

• one cat,
  • one dog.
The cat is a few years old, a Russian blue with a swatch of Siamese. The dog is about ten years old, a schnoodle (schnauzer-poodle mix).

The pets have a mostly cordial relationship with each other; they'll sleep near each other but never quite touching. In the daytime, sometimes the cat will bat the dog on the nose several times and then the chasing will begin. First the dog will chase the cat across the house, then the cat will chase dog across the house. Rinse and repeat. Gets the dog barking a little.

The cat isn't very vocal but she has a 3:00 a.m. ritual where she'll drag one of her favorite toys into the next room and then cry several times. I know cats are naturally nocturnal so I am sympathetic, but always too sleepy to get up.

And that's the story of our pets.

I have a Westie, a Scottie, a Russian Blue Cat, 2 guinea pigs and a betta fish at the house I share with Butch.

I also have a Rottie puppy who is 11 weeks who travels with me between the house I share with Butch and Murf's house.

Wow I sound like an animal hoarder...lol.

Sounds to me like a houseful of love. :D

We have two dogs - a black pit bull/boxer type mutt (that I picked at the humane society) and a English shepherd/collie mutt (that showed up at the back door 2 years ago as a puppy). But we are open to adopting out the fluffy dog if the right person is interested: I really only want one dog - and he needs more mental, emotional, and physical stimulation than he is getting from us - but he has a home here until we find him a new one - and he LOVES my primary dog and chasing deer on his 250 foot run. (I'm hoping that Lotus and TT will take him once their current dog - who is old and sick - is gone.)

MrS has a cat - a black domestic short-hair (also from the humane society).

I also have a snake - a Brazilian Rainbow Boa that used to be Dude's (via an ex-girlfriend's kid?).

Lotus has a Boston Terrier rescue (was supposed to be a "hospice foster" but dog is still alive) and two cats. (She lost her other Boston Terrier rescue and one of her cats in the time that we have known her.)

Lotus is planning on chickens next, MrS wants rabbits, and I want a goat...but those are more livestock than pets.

Dude doesn't want pets (or livestock) but does want a garden (which I don't - spent way too much of my youth weeding and mulching to enjoy that now) - so he shares that interest with Lotus (who has a large garden at her house) and he has plowed up a good portion of our front yard for his.

PS. Our last dog and cat were also black - there is an idea that they are less photogenic and less adoptable...

Last edited:
Two cats.
Four fish (two bettas, two goldfish, in a total of three tanks/bowls)
Two fire-bellied toads
Two tarantulas
One scorpion
Uncountable hissing cockroaches (they keep makin' bebbehs!)

My younger daughter loves showing off her frogs and tarantulas to her friends. I did say no to the snake she wanted because I take care of enough things already! :p

Two dogs, two cats

We have 2 male dogs; 120lb german shephard and what I call a weenie-pincher (dachsund n min pin mix).... OFCOURSE the name stuck bc he used to run under the shephard....ummm yeah..pinchin shephards weenie...

Currently, we have 5 cats..aall rescues.. a long hair blk one, a russian blue,a lynx point siamese and a seal point siamese and a tabby mix. And by the end of the year we will be adding an F1 savannah kitten.

We also have a red ackie monitor (acanthurus acanthurus) and 2 bearded dragons... an orange hypo and a hypo translucent..the hypo translucent w ruduced scaling came home w us this past weekend.

And we recently rehomed a 6 foot boa that belonged to one of our now grown kids.

Its a zoo here......and to think we had another 12 reptiles while raising the kids on top of what we have now. What we have now is actually our pets..the kids finally rehomed or took theirs w them recently.

Always makes me happy hearing of rescues getting rescued. Many kudos!

Two female litter mate kittens. I have a feeling they have a larger housecat somewhere in there family because they aren't even a year old yet and are up to 9 lbs.

16601_10151781206647537_6999674308541972182_n.jpg

That's Kisses.

10257985_10151781206637537_1837980963724516468_n.jpg

That's Marilyn.

D'oh! Cuteness attack.

@Rabbit--I also have two rabbits!!!! One is over 16 years old, one of the oldest rabbits I've ever heard of.

I also have a pet rat, born wild. One of my gigs is wildlife rehabber, and I often raise wild rats who have been orphaned or injured, but this one never "wilded" and she's a lover.

My house came with an outdoor cat in our fenced-in yard. I'm fond of her, but I'm against keeping cats outside, it's bad for wildlife, but I'm deathly allergic so I can't take her in, and the landlord doesn't want her relocated (the cat's been here her whole life.)

I also have a little pond with ciclids, gambusia, and a rainbow shark.

No, but my old guy used to have a bonded friend who passed several months ago, at the age of 15 :) The other rabbit is much younger and more energetic, and always tried to hump the old guys' heads, which pissed 'em off and started fights, so he never got bonded.

He visits the old bunny through the bars of their (indoor) pens, though. The young guy has free run of the house. The oldster's back legs don't work, so he's pretty much immobile on his faux lambskin. Yours are bonded?

No, but my old guy used to have a bonded friend who passed several months ago, at the age of 15 :) The other rabbit is much younger and more energetic, and always tried to hump the old guys' heads, which pissed 'em off and started fights, so he never got bonded.

He visits the old bunny through the bars of their (indoor) pens, though. The young guy has free run of the house. The oldster's back legs don't work, so he's pretty much immobile on his faux lambskin. Yours are bonded?

They are really good friends, but only together when I'm around. The boy is a very persistent humper which annoys the girl, and the girl destroys the boy's bedding which he needs because of his sensitive feet. They do snuggle a lot though. I'm super impressed that all your bunnies are living so long! What is your secret?!

Back