Poly or cuckold?

Ddb

Does each partner know about the other, sex and all, or are you quiet about it?

Poly means everyone knows about each other, knows what kind of relationships they are, including sexual, and consents to being in that type of relationship.

If you are having two relationships, and they don't know and consent, then you are cheating, not poly, and are an asshole.
So if poly means everyone knows about the other and consents to what’s going on, my question becomes: at what point does it go from just a poly relationship to cuckolding? In my case, I am supportive and know what’s going on. My job requires me to be gone about three days at a time. To be honest, I don’t always have the drive to satisfy her sexually. She doesn’t use the word cuck, nor have I thought of myself as one. But I've become supportive and understanding of her bedding with other men.

I'd say the clearest difference between polyamory and cuckolding, given consent on all sides, is intention.

In polyamory, you all have relationships with other people for the sake of those relationships. So the fact that your wife has relationships with others doesn't really have anything to do with you.

In cuckolding, you have other relationships to make your partner feel a certain way (i.e. like a "cuckold", which typically means they feel humiliated, inferior, and/or taken advantage of), so your wife has other relationships because it makes you feel like a cuck.

I'd say the clearest difference between polyamory and cuckolding, given consent on all sides, is intention.

In polyamory, you all have relationships with other people for the sake of those relationships. So the fact that your wife has relationships with others doesn't really have anything to do with you.

In cuckolding, you have other relationships to make your partner feel a certain way (i.e. like a "cuckold", which typically means they feel humiliated, inferior, and/or taken advantage of), so your wife has other relationships because it makes you feel like a cuck.
I understand. Though the words are never specifically used, the end result is the same.

Hello Ddb,

Are you saying that you feel like a cuck? I just want to be clear on that point. Next question, do you want to feel (or do you like feeling) like a cuck? I take it the answer is no?

Regards,
Kevin T.

Hello Ddb,

Are you saying that you feel like a cuck? I just want to be clear on that point. Next question, do you want to feel (or do you like feeling) like a cuck? I take it the answer is no.

Regards,
Kevin T.
Fair enough question. Do I feel like one? Yes, often. Do I like the feeling? Well, I’ll put it this way: take it for what it’s worth. It turns me on to know that SHE’S turned on. Would it be your advice to continue to support her sexual endeavors?

Does she want you to?

Do you want to?
I avoid that term, because, in my mind it is, or at least it was, a derogatory term. But to answer your question, yes, she wants to. And I want her happy. But I'm not sure that makes me one. ;) Looking at all this, I thought poly relationships sounded a lot like cuckold relationships, and vice versa. My point in all this is maybe I am one and just in denial.

Last edited:
Hi Ddb,

My advice would be to go ahead and do it as long as it makes both of you happy. You seem to enjoy it in one way, although maybe not so much in another.

Cuckold is pretty much a neutral term as far as I am concerned. There doesn't seem to be a bias against it on this forum. Now that is not to say that you might not have a bias against it. Maybe you don't like being a cuck (even if it turns you on, if that makes sense).

I think there are at least one website dedicated to cuckolds, but I can't remember what that site is. For now my advice is to keep on doing it. You seem to get some enjoyment out of it.

Try https://ourhotwives.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=6
Regards,
Kevin T.

Thank you. I understand. I have no heartburn with it.

I like this site, by the way. I found it by accident.

I'm glad we could be of some help.

Reactions: Ddb
Back