Taking a step back

HoneysuckleRose

Hi folks, Honeysuckle rose here (F38,bi) i was on a few weeks ago asking about whether to tell my best friend that my husband and I were in love with her. You guys gave such amazing and thoughtful replies, so I thought it was time for an introduction.
My husband, Jay(40 straight) and I have been married 8 years and have a wonderfully honest and truly emotionally and physically beautiful relationship. We are so in love and have weathered so many painful storms together . Recently a situation came up where we found ourselves in love with the same woman (my best friend bri, F23, bi curious). After much debate over whether or not to express our feelings to her, she made our decision for us. She decided to stay in her current very emotionally and physically abusive relationship. This is where Jay and I had to step back and let the unicorn dust clear from our eyes and really examine the situation. First, we decided getting involved with someone who's emotionally unhealthy would just bring drama and heart-ache into our family. We also decided that having another female partner was something we very much wanted in the future, so as of now we are just trying to work on ourselves so that we can be the kind of people that will attract the right person for us. We're excited about the journey and happy to have found this forum.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Greetings HoneysuckleRose,
Welcome (officially) to our forum.

Sorry to hear about how things ended up for Bri. I think you did the right thing under the circumstances, respecting her choice and taking a step back. Hopefully you'll soon find the right person for you.

Let us know of any further thoughts, concerns, or questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!