What doe it mean to you

westVan

If your partner asked you what does being in a relationship with me mean to you or how would your define our relationship?
How would you answer?
How would you want your partner to answer the same question?:confused:

Marcus

If your partner asked you what does being in a relationship with me mean to you or how would your define our relationship?
How would you answer?
How would you want your partner to answer the same question?:confused:

I would ask them to clarify the question.

AlwaysGrowing

That depends...

With my husband... Being in a relationship with him means sharing my life with him. Cohabiting, sharing finances, and generally seeking the other's opinion when it comes to big decisions. It means loving and supporting one another for the rest of our lives. I define our relationship as a life partnership and a legal marriage (the legal aspect being something I would be willing to change - the other stuff, not so much).

With someone I'm just dating, that definition would vary greatly depending on context, how long we've been seeing each other, whether or not it is hierarchical or not, etc.

bookbug

I agree with Marcus about asking for clarification. At first glance it sounds like the person needs clarification of his or her importance and / or where s/he fits in the overall scheme things.