What you listening to Now :

Spork

The Alchemist's Vision by the supposedly steampunk band, Vernian Process. I'm sorry but they sound goth to me, not steampunk. I welcome anyone else's opinion on this...to me, Abney Park sounds steampunk, Victor Sierra sounds steampunk...these guys, not so much.

I LOVE this song, though. There is this set of four notes that is repeated here and there in the song that makes me just feel all awesome and spooky and darkly powerful and stuff, every time they do it. Very dramatic gothy musics.

I think now it's starting to cool a little bit and feel slightly like fall here, I am starting to get into more of a mood to listen to goth music.

Rockit49

Blasphemous

The Alchemist's Vision by the supposedly steampunk band, Vernian Process. I'm sorry but they sound goth to me, not steampunk. I welcome anyone else's opinion on this...to me, Abney Park sounds steampunk, Victor Sierra sounds steampunk...these guys, not so much.

I LOVE this song, though. There is this set of four notes that is repeated here and there in the song that makes me just feel all awesome and spooky and darkly powerful and stuff, every time they do it. Very dramatic gothy musics.

I think now it's starting to cool a little bit and feel slightly like fall here, I am starting to get into more of a mood to listen to goth music.

I'm going to listen to the song!
But this fall feely thingy.... Nah! Too early... That's blasphemy to my ears... My god lives on a beach somewhere in eastern co... And that fall **** doesn't fly!
Quit it
Bye sporky

Spork

I'm going to listen to the song!
But this fall feely thingy.... Nah! Too early... That's blasphemy to my ears... My god lives on a beach somewhere in eastern co... And that fall **** doesn't fly!
Quit it
Bye sporky

NO! There's Halloween stuff in the stores and I LOVE IT.

But...I love fall even though it punishes me for my love (yeah, guess I'm a masochist, what else is new) because it's my allergy season and I'm pretty miserable and itchy and snuffly. Early Halloween displays? Oh yes. So much yes. Early Christmas? Gets me all snarly and annoyed. So between the fun spooky stuff in the stores and the cooler morning air, I'm in a goth music sort of mood! Yes!

Don't understand "my god lives on a beach somewhere in eastern co" Eastern Colorado? Do we have any beaches in Eastern Colorado? What?

Rockit49

NO! There's Halloween stuff in the stores and I LOVE IT.

But...I love fall even though it punishes me for my love (yeah, guess I'm a masochist, what else is new) because it's my allergy season and I'm pretty miserable and itchy and snuffly. Early Halloween displays? Oh yes. So much yes. Early Christmas? Gets me all snarly and annoyed. So between the fun spooky stuff in the stores and the cooler morning air, I'm in a goth music sort of mood! Yes!

Don't understand "my god lives on a beach somewhere in eastern co" Eastern Colorado? Do we have any beaches in Eastern Colorado? What?
https://youtu.be/THZbjHKyhR0

Dry lakes everywhere.. Lol Beaches.. Yeah.. prehistoric Beaches lol
I'm happy in any weather Really! Well except holiday shopping atmosphere! So, yeah, you can punish & torture me with that some time! In person though... Lol

Last edited:

Al99

Jazz at the Pawnshop.

Spork

I saw Halloween stuff in the stores two weeks ago and it pissed me off. It's getting to be as bad as Christmas...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6iP0WLsU8

What is the first band to cash in on the steampunk craze? I guess all steampunk bands have to sound like them...lol

I honestly couldn't say. I know that a lot of goth bands went "black to brown" and there was this joke that steampunk is what happens when goths discover the color brown. But for me...I like when it is differentiated by some machine sounds, like Abney Park does, clockwork, steam, clanking here and there, and then some of the blend in of everything from "Old West Saloon" (because of the connection to Wild, Wild West) to prohibition era sultry lounge singer type stuff, with a little bit of "world" music (bellydancing instrumentals) thrown in there for fun, because hell why not? Mention how you're piloting your airship through the time space vortex while drunk on rum, because you're also some kind of a pirate, and also possibly a robot, and boom... Steampunk. All day.

Peripheral to that of course is Chap-Hop, which is a few fancy mustache styling, pith wearing, tweed jacket sporting, pipe smoking British lads who...rap. Because of course they do.

I'm British

It's kind of ridiculous, but that's what makes it fun.

chamelia

re: Chap-Hop

A few months back, Muffin and I stumbled upon a Professor Elemental video and we were like "this is so cool" and two clicks later when we saw his rivalry with Mr. B The Gentleman Rhymer, we thought we had found the most amazing microcosm of the internet!

So cool to hear someone else talk about it! Yay Spork!

Spork

A few months back, Muffin and I stumbled upon a Professor Elemental video and we were like "this is so cool" and two clicks later when we saw his rivalry with Mr. B The Gentleman Rhymer, we thought we had found the most amazing microcosm of the internet!

So cool to hear someone else talk about it! Yay Spork!

Yeah, that's pretty funny. I don't think there are very many chap-hop artists out there, are there? I know about Professor Elemental and Mr. B the Gentleman Rhymer, Doctor Steel is kind of close...but a lot more on the sci-fi end of things...Poplock Holmes and DJ WattsOn, Sir Reginald Pikedevant Esq. (I love his song "Just glue some gears on it, and call it steampunk" that was hilarious!)...BB Blackdog sometimes...

Just a handful. But they're freaking delightful. Weird little niche thing.

vinsanity0

Sepia Goth? LOL

The whole genre thing is driving me a little nuts right now because I have been trying to clean up my iTunes. The problem is I have a lot of WTF is this type music in there.

The Chap Hop kinda of reminded me of a Brit version of Flight of the Conchords.

Being tortured by Hair Nation from Chris and Amanda currently.

Before that, was Goatwhore, Venom, Running Wild, Testament, Black Sabbath and Overkill.

Spork

Still on the Steampunk kick in the car, but sitting at work, I have used my Amazon Prime music to wander into the territory of classical and opera with a bit of good ol' Ludwig Van and some Habanera from Carmen...

vinsanity0

In the car I have been listening to my 70s stick. By that I mean pretty much everything from 1970-1979 lol. I wish I could figure out how to make it play more randomly. It's all in chronological order by year and divided into genre.

At home I got on a NIN jag. Contrast is good.

Al99

Steely Dan's "Aja"

I was doing a session with a band as a guest where I got to drum on a song I love so much. Doing cover of the Hellhammer classic "Massacra". I am also engineering the recording. I was happy to participate on recording of the song.

Spork

You guys! Abney Park is releasing a new album, and the CD comes with a board game! That's crazy, and I want it!!

polychronopolous

Local Girl - Neko Case

How has "The worse things get, the harder I fight, the harder I fight, the more I love you" been out since 2013 and I've never heard of it? I hadn't been aware of anything from her since Middle Cyclone. Anyway, super happy right now! ✊