What you listening to Now :

Top of pops

Hey it is on YouTube! 😁👍...you can watch a lot different music there 👍....do you go there??👍

Just about all kinds, I'm pretty easygoing. But what suits my taste doesn't always suit others' tastes (if you take my meaning).

Probably: "Clear and Present Danger"

I've been aggressively listening to Celtic Frost's "Return to the Eve", "Overkill's "Rotten to the Core" and Dark Angel's "Death is Certain (Life is Not)" that my band is going to record for a limited edition vinyl ep. I think Chris and Amanda are sick of hearing these songs at this point, lmao.

My friend, Reecy Pontiff, has put out an album, and it is BEAUTIFUL.

I'm gonna promote her a little bit, because:
a.) She is an amazing musician who lives for her art, she tours 7 months out of every year, playing little solo gigs all over the US, she is a true starving artist.
b.) She's my friend.
c.) Her music is really, REALLY good and I want to share it with anybody who might be interested, because I love it.

You can get her album for a donation, no minimum, on Bandcamp. So you can buy this music for not very much money at all. But I personally feel it's good karma to support people like her, and I put $20 in as a Christmas present to myself.

https://reecypontiff.bandcamp.com/album/mississippi-mountain-mud

What does she sound like? Well, she plays acoustic guitar and ukulele, but it's not like cheesy island music, she is basically a sort of folk singer, sometimes bluesy, sometimes more country, but all indie folk with a gorgeous voice. She is also poly, she's a true Ethical Slut. She sings about everything from living a Rocky Mountain lifestyle, to her hilarious dating foibles. Any woman who has dated as a poly gal, or lived the life of an ethical slut, will totally get a lot of where she's coming from. Frankly if there was a music genre for polyamory, she'd have to be one of the first names on that roster. She should play poly conventions.

She's just super cool people. And her music feels damn good to listen to. Though "This Thin Air" makes me cry, because it's just so damned poignant. Anyhow, if you pay a few bucks to download this album, you won't regret it, I promise.

I love Louis Prima. I loved him in the Disney movie "The Jungle Book" when I was a kid, and I love a lot of his music anyhow, and I am digging around for interesting Christmas music...

"What will Santa Claus say, when he finds everybody swingin?"

OK so I know that "swinging" meant swing dancing or whatever, fine, but given what I think of now, I'm just sitting here very amused by this song...

What, indeed...

The Christmas music quest continues.

Holy smokes, Brian Setzer's stuff is freaking brilliant! Love it!! But this is the kind of music I listen to when I have shit to get done. Like, "I AM JAZZED MAN, LET'S DECK SOME HALLS!! WATCH OUT HALLS! HERE I COME!" music.

Might be too much ruckus for my playlist at home...

Everything. I typically listen to the music that speaks to me and brings memories. Currently obsessed with "I hate you, I love you" and "Can't Feel My Face". My playlist current playlist is a mix of country and pop music. I listen to some rock and alternative as well.

Back