What you listening to Now :

In reference to Gwar: They are hard to really pigeon hole. They are metal, but they have incorporated so many styles that they really go beyond the metal tag. I think musically what makes them stick out is they go against the norm and they have managed to make a nice career for themselves is a testament to that. The first time I heard Gwar, I was like, "Wow!" This is a band who is not afraid to push the envelope musically. Their live shows are a must see. Going to a Gwar show is always a fun experience.

Yep. I love those guys (GWAR)... Also, any foodies, if you're ever in Richmond, VA, be absolutely sure to visit the GWAR Bar. The food there is amazing, and it's a really cool place.

The menu:
http://gwarbar.com/menu/

I actually named one of the salads, they were calling it something else and I was like, "Guys...you have a song called Let Us Slay...you need a salad called Lettuce Slay." And just like the fact that I helped network up the connections that led to GWAR beer, the irony is that I don't drink beer and I don't eat salad either.

Back to music... The other night, I was trying to keep my freaky energy up so I was listening to Lords of Acid. There was a CD I had when I was young, and then could not find the songs online as MP3s (mainly on Amazon) so I bought a cheap used copy of the actual disk (how quaint!) and I've been listening to that. It is Voodoo U. And given the fact that I was listening to this when I was 15, I think the writing was on the wall and I'm surprised I managed in a vanilla boring marriage for so long without going nuts.

Today I have embraced a more mellow mood and I'm back on Noel Gallagher.

Back to music... The other night, I was trying to keep my freaky energy up so I was listening to Lords of Acid. There was a CD I had when I was young, and then could not find the songs online as MP3s (mainly on Amazon) so I bought a cheap used copy of the actual disk (how quaint!) and I've been listening to that. It is Voodoo U. And given the fact that I was listening to this when I was 15, I think the writing was on the wall and I'm surprised I managed in a vanilla boring marriage for so long without going nuts.

Haha, that's only amusing in that I still have a Spotify playlist that was a collaborative "rough sex" list my ex Sunshine and I put together, and my then-boyfriend DinoActivist's main contribution was all Lords of Acid, who I had never heard of until then. Kinksters of the world apparently have the same taste in music...

Celebrating Hubby's birth week by listening to the top hits from his birth year. 80s music, here we come!

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue.

Chainsmoker/Coldplay's "Something Just Like This". https://play.google.com/music/previ...tm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics&u=0#

"I've been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
Achilles and his gold
Hercules and his gifts
Spiderman's control
And Batman with his fists
And clearly I don't see myself upon that list

But she said, where'd you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I'm not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss

I want something just like this"

Dave Brubeck - Time Out

Found all of my old favorite Depeche Mode tracks on Amazon Music and am having a blast listening to them again for the first time in probably 10 years.

Current favorite: It's No Good

And thinking about one of my crushes who is an old friend:
I'm going to take my time
I have all the time in the world
To make you mine
It is written in the stars above
The gods decree
You'll be right here by my side
Right next to me
You can run but you cannot hide

Don't say you want me
Don't say you need me