A little lost and scared...

..,but very glad to be here. I'm Elyse. I'm genderfluid (she/they) and lesbian. To be honest, I don't know if I'm polyamorous or not because my situation is a little bit unorthodox, but I hope to figure it out.

What I mean is, there are times when I think I might be polyamorous because the thought of multiple girlfriends and/or wives really appeals to me. However, at the same time, I don't think I am because there are also times when I like the idea of multiple partners a lot more than I'd actually like having them. I don't think "polyamorous in theory" is a thing but there we are.

Greetings Elyse,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Whether you're polyamorous in theory or in practice, you will find a welcome and accepting home here on this website. I encourage you to explore our various threads and boards. See what calls to you, and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. You seem to be a sharp, erudite person, which I think is pretty cool, your writings are a pleasure to read. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

I don't think "polyamorous in theory" is a thing but there we are.

My DH is absolutely this although I myself am "out of the closet" to a few close friends. And it's really ok if you are like this. There is a TON of information out there and it seems like you are taking it in via a fire hose at times.

In addition to @kdt26417's info, I have found this podcast by the Multiamory folks to be invaluable:

Lots of info there as well. The best advice I can give you is to read everything you can get your hands on. Also know that there is no time limit on this, so imo, the slower you take this, the better off you are. As I like to say, poly in haste, repent at leisure. :)

I wish you luck on your journey! :)

Welcome. Fear is not a bad thing. Just don’t let it hold you back. As already said, read, read, read. This is a great bunch. Best wishes in your search.

Back