One photo from Tel Aviv - a pleasant view for me, the LGBTQ+ friendly Ukrainian Jew.

Nowhereman

I was born in Ukraine, occupied by Soviet Russia - and lived almost the whole of my life in Ukraine. 2.5 years ago, I repatriated to Israel as partly Jew. I'm LGBTQ+ friendly. Most of my exes are bisexual. And some of them aren't cisgender. I suppose I myself could be bisexual genderfluid. I still don't know for sure because most of my life in soviet and post-soviet Ukraine, I didn't even hear the words. Ukraine was the first of post-soviet countries to abolish the criminality of homo-rels. But it happened in 1991 after our independence from Russia - when I was 15 y.o. already.

So for me, seeing these two flags together in Tel Aviv a few days ago was delightful.

Attachments

• 1663189182064-small.jpg
    1663189182064-small.jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 5
That's awesome. Glad to see your post again!

That's awesome. Glad to see your post again!
Thank you! It's inspiring to see your reaction. I've had quite a mess in my life lately. But I hope I'll post more in the next few days or weeks.

Cool picture! I'm glad people there are supportive of Ukraine, and open-minded about LGBTQ+ as well. I hope you will continue to see such pleasant sights in the coming months/years.

I'm sorry to hear that life has not been treating you well these last couple of weeks. I hope the worst is over, and that now you will start feeling better. Your posts are always welcome.

Cool picture! I'm glad people there are supportive of Ukraine, and open-minded about LGBTQ+ as well. I hope you will continue to see such pleasant sights in the coming months/years.
Thank you! There is a popular joke: "It's Israel who tolerates LGBTQ+. But Tel Aviv tolerates hetero cis."

I think, there're Ukrainians LGBTQ+ living in that apt.

I'm sorry to hear that life has not been treating you well these last couple of weeks. I hope the worst is over, and that now you will start feeling better. Your posts are always welcome.
Thank you again! The worst is starting to be over. I've begun rehab. I hope it wouldn't take longer than a few days or a couple of weeks.

Anyway? I've already posted my new topic here.

I will continue to follow your posts and threads. Glad you've begun rehab, and do you live in Tel Aviv or were you just visiting? It sounds like it is very tolerant about LGBTQ+.

Hope your rehab goes well!

Back