Partner came out to family!

mountaingirl

My boyfriend (P) spent the past week away with his family. He had no service, so while I was in town dealing with our roommates wanting to know the details of our relationship (we live with my husband and his two friends--see last blog post), he was enjoying himself and I guess also having a couple conversations with his sister and mom about how important I am to him and how our relationship works. His mom had more logistics-type questions which he deemed "annoying" but his sister basically already knew we were together and wanted to know how serious we are.
I feel really awesome; the fact that P wasn't having these conversations was bothering me for awhile but I was waiting for him to make that decision. Most of his family already knew what was going on, but hadn't been given the chance to ask questions or get a proper explanation so I felt that some judgements were flying around. Explanations aren't owed persay, but I think some members in his family were worried about him being involved with a married woman and weren't sure if my husband was consenting.
I feel like this was him taking a big step in our relationship and I'm proud of him for having some conversations that couldn't have been easy to start. I was pretty much waiting to tell my family until he did, so perhaps next time I see them it'll be my turn, who knows. When he came back we went hiking and smoked a joint. A herd of deer passed by us. It was pretty magical. I feel like a lucky gal :)
I often discuss with Joe and P my worries about things "working out" and they both reply something to the effect of "it's already happening"... so I'm learning to just accept shit the way it is, most of the time it really does figure itself out. I made both of them agree that in the worst case scenario we'll all still be friends lol so at least we have that.

I’m glad things are going well for you! One note: I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but a lot of us keep all our life/blog posts in one thread just because it makes it _way_ easier to follow each others’ stories. If you decide you want to do that and want to consolidate your posts, let me know.

I’m glad things are going well for you! One note: I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but a lot of us keep all our life/blog posts in one thread just because it makes it _way_ easier to follow each others’ stories. If you decide you want to do that and want to consolidate your posts, let me know.
oop I'll try that! thanks!

Back