Polytriad and parenting

Just hopping on this thread. Thanks for posting on this @DanCliffAsh. I don't have advice but I'm interested to see how it pans out for you, as I'm also interested in fostering sometime in the future.
My eldest (26 now) asked a question to hes social worker/PA pretending that he would love to Foster but is also poly interested and the social worker was actually disgusted and replied with some horrible things that made him and me snap back at her. She said that fostering don't approve of multi parenting as this would confuse the children.
This kinda makes me sad but also isn't surprising. I'm sure a lot of social workers have seen some horrific foster situations, and with all the stuff foster kids have to go through in the first place it makes sense that social workers would be protective. Would be cool if polyamory didn't disgust people. Similar to what someone else said on this thread, healthy, stable poly relationships could be beneficial for parenting imo... higher adult:child ratio, who wouldn't want that? But yeah, we have a long way to go.

Back