A not so typical tale

Knowva

Hey there, I'm 24, live in Oregon, and go by him/he. I work as a manager, LMT and have a lot of hobbies. Love to game, hangout with my dog, grow plants, hike and study random things. I believe that communication is the root of everything good and bad in a relationship, and as life changes you should be willing to do what humans do best, adapt. I'm single right now but have FWBS.

I've known I'm pan and poly since elementary school. My immediate family consists of my mom, dad and younger brother. My mom was a prostitute in Nevada and my dad stayed with us boys to support us. Both of them love the open relationship they have, but it definitely showed me what kind of work an open/poly relationship could be.

Now that I've grown, I've had many relationships, both mono and open, but I have yet to find a partner that's truly into the idea of polyamory (I was even married once.) It's always been them saying they've never done that and are willing to try for me. Of course this doesn't usually end well, so I feel pretty stranded with my ideologies and desires.

I'm not necessarily new to the concept of multiple partners, but I am new to the community! Can't wait to get insight from you all and join the community more :)

Last edited:

Knowva,

welcome to the forum! im sorta new to all this, learning about myself and my interest in poly. there are plenty of really knowledgeable people on this forum that can help out if needed.

take care.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Greetings Knowva,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you have some experience with both mono and poly, so you kind of know the pros and cons (and ins and outs) of both lovestyles. If you just get one thing from Polyamory.com, let it be the assurance that you are not alone in your ideologies and desires; many, many people are into polyamory, and Polyamory.com gives proof of that. Keep reading and posting, and let us know if you have any questions. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

telivan

Welcome!

I'm new to the site as well. It seems pretty cool so far. I feel you on the struggle to meet like minded poly people. My nesting partner and I have been through some tough times when we've dated other people. I really hope you meet all the wonderful partners you can.

-Allie