A Ride I Am Not Sure About

Ostrich

I am married to a very good man and while our relationship is relatively solid, we have been on quite a ride for the past year. He's poly and I'm mono. I am slowly coming to grips with what's happening in our relationship. Not all of it is positive, but finally determining what I want of our relationship, and out of life in general. I'll post up more info on a more appropriate board on this site, but wanted to introduce myself here first.

Looking for some solid advice and positive interactions with folks on this board.

Last edited:
Greetings Ostrich,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are a little torn up, due to your husband being poly while you are mono. I am sympathetic; mono/poly relationships are hard to do, if they can be done at all. You may even wish your husband was mono, that is understandable. Post more in Poly Relationships Corner about your situation, where you should be able to get a good amount of advice from quite a few people. Polyamory.com is a friendly site, you should be able to get positive interactions with the various members here. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings Ostrich,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are a little torn up, due to your husband being poly while you are mono. I am sympathetic; mono/poly relationships are hard to do, if they can be done at all. You may even wish your husband was mono, that is understandable. Post more in Poly Relationships Corner about your situation, where you should be able to get a good amount of advice from quite a few people. Polyamory.com is a friendly site, you should be able to get positive interactions with the various members here. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Kevin, thank you very much for responding, and the info! I am looking forward to exploring and sharing on this site!

Back