Exploring polyamory

Isaiah990

Realizing polyamorous relationships might be for me. Ever since I was a kid, I loved women from diverse backgrounds. As a teen, I secretly wanted to be with many women. I denied it because I thought monogamy was the only "honorable way" to have a relationship. When I'm chasing one woman, I get very anxious over losing her. When I'm with many women, I function better. Its easier for me to reject a woman when I have other women who like me.

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Hello Isaiah990,

It is a common belief in today's society that monogamy is the only "honorable way" to have a relationship. I send you kudos for realizing that nonmonogamy can be honorable too. It all boils down to knowledge and consent. If everyone involved knows it's poly, and consents to that, then you can be confident that you are conducting those relationships in an honorable way.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Isaiah990

Hello Isaiah990,

It is a common belief in today's society that monogamy is the only "honorable way" to have a relationship. I send you kudos for realizing that nonmonogamy can be honorable too. It all boils down to knowledge and consent. If everyone involved knows it's poly, and consents to that, then you can be confident that you are conducting those relationships in an honorable way.

Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Right, I stopped associating with the monogamous community because it seemed like people are only interested in anything except love. They want to be monogamous because of tradition, societal expectations, financial reasons, etc. It's hypocritical for monogamous people to bash polyamorous people for supposedly wanting sex with multiple people, but they're the same ones cheating on their spouses lol. At least polyamorous people admit they want more than one partner.