Friends that snuggle…

Serendipity1

Hello All!

I'm new here and I have a question. Internet searches dropped me off and it seemed a safe place to ask.

I’m a happily married woman, but what I feel like I am missing is a friend or two that, although we would be just friends, would be comfortable snuggling, playing with each other's hair, holding hands, horsing around. This feels more like a sister role, but I don’t have any sisters. :) Oddly I’m not even a super touchy-feely person.

Why do I feel like this very platonic desire is going to be frowned upon? Is this a thing and I don’t even know about it? Clearly I have questions. 😂Thank you for your time and thoughts.

That's one of the reasons I became poly. There are too many rules in monogamy that change depending on who you ask. With poly, I can have the type of relationships I want, wherever it may naturally go, without judgement. That may mean a cuddle partner that loves the same type of movies I do, no matter the gender. Maybe we want to make out, but nothing else. And maybe it turns out to be something fuller, deeper. With poly I can have individual relationships as unique as the people in them.

Hello Serendipity1,

There is another thread you should read, it concerns a phenomenon known as "platonic polyamory." It is definitely a thing, and you should not have to be frowned upon for desiring it.

It is perfectly alright to have "snuggle friends," even if you're not a touchy-feely person in general. Every person is unique and because of that, every relationship is unique. What fits one relationship isn't necessarily something that fits another relationship. Just be sure you have mutual consent, and you should do fine.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back