Greetings

BlackHippy3

Howdy everybody. I'm 31 years old and I live in Houston. I've been married to my wife for 3 years now. I think it's important to note that I'm Bipolar, and if you know then you know we're a little throwed off to say the least. Translation I see the world much differently and my logic doesn't always logic like "normal" people.

Not going to say I hate society but I despise societal standards. I'm a product of a divorce so my views of monogamy was tainted a long long time ago.

I don't believe that monogamy is the only way and I believe that idea alone is why so many relationships fail. I think it's about what works best for your relationship and not comparing it to others.

We've had a girlfriend that moved away and it was a great learning experience. We've had little experience in this area so it was great to get a better understanding of what we want.

What I find so appealing about Polyamory is the balance a third person brings to the relationship. As a bipolar person having that extra support system was amazing for my mental, I often feel overwhelming for one person and I love my wife too much to burden her with my mental issues. She supports me but she also admits it nice having some help.

When I was manic I can be too amped up and it's unfair to expect someone to reciprocate that energy but having another person there really helps to take on all this enthusiasm I have to give. When I'm depressed I can become distant and I'll isolate myself physically and mentally. It was great knowing that someone who loves my wife is able to provide her with companionship when I'm trying to climb out of depression.

To her Polyamory is like having a best friend that has a deeper connection physically and mentally who is apart of the relationship. We're home bodies and just having that extra person to kick it with on the regular was just a great experience because we care deeply about this person and they care about us too.

Thank you do much for taking time to read this. I look forward to being a part of the community

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Staff member
Greetings BlackHippy3,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you have found that polyamory is right for you. For which you deserve kudos, it is not easy to break away from the monogamous mold that society casts us all in. Sometimes people say, "Polyamory! That's awful!" but who are they to judge? If it works for us, then there's nothing wrong with it. I'm sorry your girlfriend moved away. Hopefully you can find someone new, not that you can replace her because you can't, but someone that blends well with you and your wife. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter"

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!