Happy ILIC Day!

Al99

My LDR partner posted this today (Valentines Day, 2020) on her Facebook Page. Although she confessed that she "borrowed" it from one of her local patners :) I found it wonderfully written and thought I would pass it on here.

Happy ILIC Day, Poly Community!

--------------------

Happy ILIC Day.

I believe in Infinite Love in Infinite Combinations. Love is all around us and it is our responsibility to foster it and help it to grow.

It doesn't matter if love is between a man and a woman, two women, a transman and a cisman, 4 men and 2 women, or any other combination.

It doesn't matter if the love is romantic love, familial love, paternal love, or whatever else you feel.

Love is a beautiful thing and it should be appreciated where it exists in any combination it exists in.

Love is not a finite resource. I can love two children with as much love each as I could one child. I can love 12 friends as deeply individually as I could love one friend. I can love multiple partners as passionately as I could just one.

I hope that you all realize how loved you are and that you are.

God when I first read it I thought it stood for "I Love Ice Cream" day. Woof, shows you were my head's at.

The origin of this ILIC concept is the Vulcan phrase, "Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations" (IDIC).

I keep reading this as I LICK. Maybe that's the point?

I love Star Trek's concept of IDIC. It was a big deal to me to encounter it in the show and the books back then.

Back