Hi everyone! (from NY)

dryicex3

Hi everyone :)

I'm new to posting, and to considering myself poly. I've always known monogomy didn't suit my relationship ideals, and was always honest about this with my partners and friends. Hook up culture, friends with benefits, and my personal situations made this easier when I was younger (teen-young twenties) but more intense and adult relationships always made me feel like I was wrong not to subscribe to the "relationship escalator" model. Now that I'm a little more well read on polyamory and ethical non monogamy, I truly believe this describes my preferred relationship style.

A little about me; I love music (rock, pop, pop punk, emo, shoegaze, mathrock, ska, skate/surf punk, folk, etc) and going to shows/concerts. I have a dog & like spending time on hikes or taking her for walks. I love to camp and travel. I am bisexual and use she/her pronouns. I live in upstate/central NY.

I am happily married to my husband with whom I live. He and I have had many good talks about what our marriage means and about the unrealistic requirement for your spouse to fulfill all of your needs (mental, emotional, sexual, financial, logistical, etc) for ever. We have a very strong bond and a healthy respect and love for one another. We're looking to potentially open our marriage in the near future & I thought joining this forum would be a good resource as we navigate this.

For now, nice to be here & nice to meet you all!

Greetings dryicex3,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you have a really good foundation on which to build an open/poly marriage, Polyamory.com can be a part of that. You've already done some homework on what poly (and ethical nonmonogamy) is, now get acquainted with the good members on this forum, and let us know if you have any questions. You sound like an interesting person, a fun person, you have a wide range of likes and interests. I hope you'll enjoy your stay with us on this site!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back