I am such an attention whore.

Polycurious_Adam

I didn't realize how much I thrive on attention and praise. I got a lot of it from my family growing up. I am overly sensitive of criticism, though I really believe that I'm capable of welcoming constructive criticism. I've been leaning on you guys pretty hard for that attention fix lately, and I feel like every critical word was constructive. Though there was much more praise than criticism.

Since I started focusing on me again, I realized right away that I had no ethical compass to tell me if I'm putting myself first, or just being inconsiderate. I never had to think about that before.

I love this community, and I want to bring as much positivity as I can to give back. It's been so good for me. I'm starting to find my passions again, prominently among them right now: my writing. Im meeting people and watching magic happen. And Im talking about it a lot!

I haven't done much reading of anyone else's blogs. I pop into a conversation if I feel like I might have some good input, but how much of that is just me trying to insert myself and steal the spotlight? Where is that line between going after what I want, and just being inconsiderate?

I don't know where the line is, or if there even is a line, but if there is, I don't think you have crossed it. You can never tell when some of your unique words might help someone who is struggling, and it's always good to contribute to a stimulating conversation. If something you said was inappropriate or too much, I'm sure someone would point that out. As a rule, the active members don't tiptoe around that sort of thing. I, for one, have found all of your posts so far to be positive and stimulating. You're doing just fine; carry on!

Thank you. My morning was rough, and I'm about to blog about it. I needed that encouragement.

Back