Just a simple hello :)

VenusInLabCoat

I am ready to give myself another try. I am single, bisexual female. Geeky and obsessed with good music. Through the years, I've been trying to run away from the fact that my vision of true love and loving relationship is the way it is. Confused, I was drowning in a well of my needs and wants, as I chose to ignore them, since I was to afraid of what people around me might think. Some of the people I was dating knew of my views as of what is the ideal relationship like for me, but their reactions made me even more insecure about myself. I came here to read, talk to people who are practicing polyamory. I'm more than ready to learn about myself and give myself space to grow and evolve.

Venus

Welcome. Read, share, and ask questions. What works for you does not have to work for another. We each have to find our version. Best wishes.

Welcome to the forum! I've only been here about a week, but I'm already feeling like a part of the community here. Everyone is really supportive, and I feel accepted in my choice to start a new way to live! Im into sharing my good vibes right now, so if you just want to talk to someone one-on-one, hit me up! I'm freshly converted from monogamy, and I think I could help people understand the illogical mental traps of that philosophy.

Greetings Venus,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I actually don't think it's all that unusual, in this society, for people to want to live polyamorously, while being too afraid of what the world will think, to actually try it. Lots of people are secretly poly, I myself am mostly out only to the people on this forum. You are in the process of differentiating between what you want and need, and what the world thinks you should do. I'm glad you could join Polyamory.com, you can get the moral support you need here. Hang in there, and don't give up on yourself!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks, I'm happy to help.

I am ready to give myself another try. I am single, bisexual female. Geeky and obsessed with good music. Through the years, I've been trying to run away from the fact that my vision of true love and loving relationship is the way it is. Confused, I was drowning in a well of my needs and wants, as I chose to ignore them, since I was to afraid of what people around me might think. Some of the people I was dating knew of my views as of what is the ideal relationship like for me, but their reactions made me even more insecure about myself. I came here to read, talk to people who are practicing polyamory. I'm more than ready to learn about myself and give myself space to grow and evolve.

Venus
Welcome! I have also struggled with worrying about what people will think, but in the end, either being yourself or hiding who you are can lead to exile, but at least one of them is honest. <3

I have been surprised by the range of reactions I have gotten from people I have opened up to about being poly- but the people who are still in my life are there because they love me for who I really am.

Welcome to the forum, ive been on here a few months and really like the community.

Venus
Never run away from anything it will always be faster .
How awesome is that quote .So true .should probably write it down .

Venus
Hey there,
My husband and I are looking to date another cis female. Mainly looking for friendship companionship and intimacy. We are not here for a one and done. We definitely think date nights would be wonderful. Let us know if you are interested.

Bi curious cis female and heterosexual male husband 🤗

Hi and welcome.
Big time geek and music fan here always listening to beatport, trying to find new music. We love going out dancing or just lounging around listening to music while having a few drinks. Always looking to spark a good conversation with someone interesting.

Back