Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

5:04 p.m., Friday the 10th

My performance at Chess yesterday was awful, just awful. Deplorable. Sickening. Humiliating. As I have been known to do in the past, I overlooked some critical, obvious threats and opportunities. I played my next bot game, and performed poorly in it, but I managed to salvage a draw. By fifty moves with no pawn movement, and no captures. At that point, I just had my king, and my opponent had his king and a rook. I'm lucky the bots play so badly in the endgame, otherwise I'd have been forced into checkmate.

For me a draw means I will neither advance nor regress in my next game, instead I will play the same bot again as the same color (I'll play as White). Today it is highly unlikely that I will get caught up on things, so, no bot game. And I'm glad about that. I'm still licking my wounds from yesterday.

Shopping went pretty well, at least it provided a distraction. This is all I have to tell you.

3:07 p.m., Saturday the 11th

Rats, I might get enough time to play a bot game today. Not a happy thought. I have some Jäger in the freezer with my name on it, but alas, I can't drink it today. Snowbunny did make me a drink with Scotch last night for dinner, so that was good. After dinner, we (the three of us) watched the latest Dexter episode.

1:04 p.m., Sunday the 12th

Brother-Husband and Snowbunny are taking Eddie to one of our local dog parks. While they are gone, I have a chance to enjoy just a small amount of Jäger. Snowbunny did make me (and her, Brother-Husband doesn't care for rum) a drink for dinner last night, using some kind of black rum. Goslings black seal Bermuda black rum. That was pretty great. And Snowbunny suggested we might go out tonight?

No new bot games to report on, thank gods. Now if that trend could continue today. Last night, Brother-Husband and I watched another Handmaid episode.

6:19 p.m., Monday the 13th

For dinner yesterday we ate out at a place called, "Sawmill Market." It wasn't like a regular restaurant, it was more like a huge food court, with various vendors that you could choose from. I had a smothered burrito (no meat), it was really good. Plus we had ice cream (from another vendor) for dessert.

SB and Eddie have a Barn Hunt practice tonight, I'm not sure when they'll get back, but hopefully they'll bring takeout for dinner. BH just got home from work.

So far I have dodged the bot game bullet.

2:34 p.m., Tuesday the 14th

SB brought us takeout for dinner from a place we really like called the Thai Kitchen. I think she got me what's called panang curry. It had peanuts and chunks of potato, and was really good. She requested Thai hot for me, which is just about at the top of their scale. I liked it.

Right now, a guy is here installing a new microwave for us. The old one was getting kind of grody, not to mention out of date.

2:45 p.m., Wednesday the 15th

Eddie has an obedience class tonight, and I'll go along for the ride. At 4:25 p.m. I'll need to start getting ready. SB will get off work somewhere around 4:45 p.m., but it's hard to say exactly when. I don't know whether we'll get takeout for dinner, I hope we will.

So far, the new microwave seems quite nice.

1:12 p.m., Thursday the 16th

SB took Eddie to the vet today. He's been acting somewhat off for the last two or three days, and she thinks he might have a UTI or stones. So they are going to do labs and whatnot on him. We are supposed to pick him up at about 3:30 p.m., I am coming along for the ride, so SB says for me to start getting ready at about 3:10 p.m.

We did get takeout for dinner last night, we got it from Burger King, I got an Impossible Whopper meal. SB said she is going to make dinner for us tonight, but I don't remember what she said she was going to make.

3:54 p.m., Friday the 17th

She made us chicken, with squash and sweet-potato fries.

We picked up Eddie, the vet said he had struvite crystals and a UTI. He has a course of antibiotics to take: pills. They seem to be flavored and chewy, he ate his first pill no problem. For the moment, the vet is hoping that clearing up the UTI will also clear up the crystals. If it doesn't, we'll all cross that bridge when we get to it.

In the printed report the vet gave us, there was a remark that Eddie was very energetic. Haha, I could have told them that ahead of time. He's a happy dog if nothing else. *Very* happy.

After we got home from picking up Eddie, we had dinner and then after dinner we went shopping. We were getting low on creamer and were out of bananas. Plus SB knew of some other things we needed to get.

Tonight, SB's planning to take Eddie on a walk. I'll go too, but I'll definitely need a sweatshirt, it's getting cold out there.

This concludes my riport.

4:01 p.m., Saturday the 18th

Dinner yesterday wasn't very exciting, it was just microwaved burritos with slices of avocado. After dinner, SB and I took Eddie on a walk. After that, BH and I watched a Handmaid episode.

The guy downstairs is harassing us. His latest thing was to complain that we were making too much noise when we ran the Roomba yesterday starting at 3:00 p.m. ... SB is really stressed-out about it, and I am wondering whether this guy has a special in with the front office.

It looks like Lowe's is going to outsource their deliveries, which if they do, that may leave BH out of a job. Then depending on where he can get another job, we may be moving again. That's not a happy thought, we've gone through a lot of effort to get the current place fixed up like we want it. :(

5:26 p.m., Tuesday the 21st

The days since Saturday have been fairly eventful, so it's been a while since I last posted here. Yesterday I had a doctor appointment, to establish a primary physician (now that I've moved from Washington) and renew my prescriptions (Zyprexa and Metformin). BH and SB just got home from their doctor appointments (with the same doctor). So far I like our new doctor.

2:00 p.m., Wednesday the 22nd

Today, later today, Eddie has his weekly obedience class at PetCo, I think this is his last one. I'll come along for the ride as per my routine, bringing my handheld Chess computer to practice on while I wait in the car. It's hopeful that we'll pick up takeout on the way home for dinner, but I don't know for sure yet.

3:04 p.m., Thursday the 23rd

We did get takeout, we got it from Taco Cabana. I got burritos, I really liked what I got. SB got tacos for her and BH. She didn't like that they kind of fell apart on her, but she did like the taste.

Somewhere between 5:00 and 6:00 p.m., we have a grocery delivery for us at our local Smith's. They will take the groceries SB ordered out to her car. I will probably go with. I am thinking we will probably not get takeout for dinner, SB described something she wanted to make for dinner, a veggie recipe she wanted to try with Italian sausage added. So that's probably what we'll have tonight.

I am feeling extra stressed-out today. For whatever reasons.

7:54 p.m., Friday the 24th

Dinner will be a roast, it is quite a big roast and will not be done cooking for a while yet. So earlier, we (the three of us) watched a movie on TV: "I, Tonya." I thought it was pretty good. Don't know whether we'll watch anything after dinner.

2:28 p.m., Sunday the 26th

Yesterday the three of us went on a road trip, mostly checking out some land up for sale in the general vicinity. The guy downstairs is harassing us, and SB says she wants to move in five years or less. But we must move to an ideal spot, so we are going to look around for some time to come.

Last night, the three of us watched the movie, "the Alpinist," on TV. It was really good, I liked it a lot. Really intense.

Tonight, starting between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m., we have tickets to go to an exhibition called the "River of Lights." It is basically a super fancy display of Christmas lights, like they have one display that is shaped like a dinosaur, another display that is shaped like a biplane ... stuff like that.

4:01 p.m., Monday the 27th

The River of Lights was pretty cool. They didn't have a biplane, but they had a bunch of dinosaurs. And much, much more. Lots of people brought their kids and the kids loved it. But most of the grown-ups loved it too. You could even order drinks there. The three of us got spiked hot chocolate. My hot chocolate was spiked with peppermint schnapps.

2:01 p.m., Tuesday the 28th

BH's hot chocolate was spiked with peanut butter whiskey (Skrewball I think). To which SB said, "Ewwww!" You see, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are (I think) BH's favorite candy. And he loves peanut butter whiskey. SB, not so much. Me, I could take it or leave it. If it's got alcohol in it, I'll drink it and be happy. And I do like peanut butter cups.

SB's hot chocolate was spiked with Baileys Irish Cream. Good choice. I was just in a minty mood.

2:01 p.m., Wednesday the 29th

BH took a day off today, and he went on a moderate road trip with a local friend. Unfortunately SB had to work, so she is still here and I can't drink any drinky-drink. It's an extra stressful day, [shrug]. It is what it is.

(Unless it isn't what it is. In which case, it is what it isn't.)

3:49 p.m., Thursday the 30th

Today is a better day (than yesterday). I would still like a drinky-drink of course, but then that's almost always the case. The forum hasn't been very busy lately.

3:48 p.m., Friday the 31st

Later yesterday, SB and I went out for a few things. First, we stopped at a Kelly Liquors to get some wine (also they had special coupons for some canned mojito). Next, we stopped at Smith's (across the street from Kelly) for groceries, SB didn't want to shop in the store, so she ordered the groceries online, and an employee brought them out to our car. Finally, after taking the groceries to our condo, we took Eddie (who had been clipped into the backseat the entire time) to our local Petco, to get some obedience practice. He did okay at first, until SB had me take his leash for a few minutes while she distanced herself from him. After she returned, he started acting spazzy. He'll need some more practice.

While we were out, SB informed me that she and BH had recently got some labs done, and I guess their cholesterol count was quite high. So, SB is going to have us eat more healthy next year. More veg and when we have meat, more seafood. Likewise with drinky-drink, more wine and less of the hard stuff. Not that we can't indulge sometimes, just not so often.

4:15 p.m., Saturday the 1st

I'm trying to do a full backup of all my computer data. It sucks like a tornado. Google Drive won't let me download everything in one shot, I have to do it tiny bits at a time. Once a year is more than enough for a job like this!

BH, SB, and Eddie just got back from doing a walk/hike. Rainee just left my bed, to go out and greet them. For dinner SB is going to make a sort of Korean soup that I don't much care for. Today is a stressful day.

Back