Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

4:55 p.m., Sunday the 2nd

I'm still trying to do that full backup. Nowhere near done. I hate to stop in the middle, as much time as I've already invested in it, but this is the last time I am going to attempt this. In future years, I will only back up the folders with likely changes made to their content. Basically that means the two poly folders I use. Then I'll just keep the copy of everything else I've already made.

This is definitely a disadvantage of using Google Drive.

Earlier this afternoon, Snowbunny and I went out to run a couple of errands. She had some dog food to exchange (apparently Eddie is allergic to barley), plus she wanted to get a car wash. As for me, it was just nice to get out (and take a break from this backup nightmare).

12:33 p.m., Monday the 3rd

Heh, I didn't think they were bad, they weren't, OMG this is fantastic, but they were decent. On the other hand, Snowbunny didn't care for them. Brother-Husband didn't think he'd like 'em, so he didn't try 'em.

I've also had wine in a can, which is even more bizarre, right? Again, decent, but nothing to write home about. The can was dusty from sitting on the store shelf forever, LOL.

4:30 p.m., Tuesday the 4th

At about 7:00 p.m., SB and I will go out to pick up some groceries. (They will bring them out to our car.) Yesterday, BH got potentially exposed to Covid at work. Because of this, SB is telling him that he will have to be quarantined when he is at home. Also she has told him to wear a mask all day at work. If he wants to eat or drink, he'll have to do it outside, away from other people. BH is bummed about all this, but he is not saying no. He just got home. SB is on the phone, possibly with one of her sisters.

I'm still struggling to get that backup done. I've learned a few tricks that speed up the process, but it is still taking forever, and is a pain in my ass. Never again ...

1:22 p.m., Wednesday the 5th

So as of about 30 minutes ago, I have finished the backup process. It took me about four days altogether, and that's discouraging, but I'm glad it's finally done. In future years, I will have to get creative and root around for directories that have likely undergone change or been added. Not a clean or simple solution, but about the best I can do. I certainly have a lot of superfluous files (and directories), but I am reluctant to comb through everything looking for stuff to delete. Hell that would take a year. At least.

Later today, at about 4:45 p.m., SB and I will leave to take Eddie to do a Canine Good Citizen test. SB thinks he probably won't pass (only because he can't bear to give up the habit of jumping on people), but she is going to let him try anyway. They only do the test if there are at least two dogs doing it, and there is one other person doing it today with their dog, so they're kind of counting on us to be there.

BH's time at home is limited to his bedroom. SB is sleeping in the guest room. SB sets BH's food and drink just outside the bedroom door, where BH has to retrieve it after she distances herself from it. Honestly he might not have Covid, but he does seem to be under the weather right now.

2:32 p.m., Thursday the 6th

Eddie passed! He didn't jump on anyone! though SB had to admit, she gave him a CBD treat beforehand and did not say so to the test people. So he cheated a little. It's still a miracle that he didn't jump on anyone. So he is now a Canine Good Citizen, or at least he will be after the American Kennel Club receives the paperwork. It's a pretty big deal, being a CGC gives him some special privileges, such as on the airlines.

BH got so sick today, that he decided to leave work early. He is in the master bedroom right now, trying to sleep it off. I think SB is going to test him for Covid on Saturday.

I got caught up on everything yesterday, with enough time leftover to start a Chess bot game. I finished the game earlier today. I won, but only against a 1000-point bot (one of their special seasonal holiday bots), and it was surely the worst (messiest) game I ever played. The computer analysis said I made about 12 mistakes, 12 blunders, and 12 missed wins. At one point I lost my queen to a bishop in a pin maneuver. It was ugly, I hate to even think of it. But, a win is a win, right?

Sometimes I get *just a leedle bit burned out* on Chess. The "good" news is, I think I might be getting accustomed to the dumbass mistakes I make in about every other game. My cross to bear.

12:20 p.m., Saturday the 8th

SB is out for the moment, so I am enjoying my cinnamon whisky, I hope I will be able to stay conscious. SB has a lot of stuff to tend to today.

SB says that BH will probably be quarantined for up to two weeks, or ten days.

I have a pretty good buzz going by now, I will not drink anymore since I don't want to barf. Meanwhile I won't mention anything to SB about it.

SB just got home (12:15 p.m.), she has brought some groceries with her.

KT

12:48 p.m., Sunday the 9th

It is likely that I will catch up on everything today, with time leftover for a Chess bot game. I have to tell you, I'm not looking forward to that. But I need the practice.

BH has taken an at-home Covid test, and tested negative. But SB still wants him to stay quarantined. Later (tomorrow?), he will get tested at a drugstore (he has an appointment).

3:38 p.m., Monday the 10th

I think he already got that drugstore test, and maybe the results aren't in yet? He did get out of the house today, to take Eddie on a walk. SB and I took Eddie out for a walk last night.

I don't know whether I would have gotten around to a Chess bot game yesterday. After I got caught up on Facebook, I was tired and decided to lay down for a while.

12:34 p.m., Tuesday the 11th

The forum is very quiet today, and it is extra likely that I will end up playing a Chess bot game (or part of one). I know I know, I need the practice. Yesterday I had time to read a little, do a Chess puzzle, and learn a Chess lesson. Dinner was ready a few minutes after that. Then SB and I took Eddie on a walk.

12:48 p.m., Wednesday the 12th

I did do a Chess bot game yesterday. And won, this time against a 1500-point bot (the holiday bots went away). Oddly (and happily), this game was a lot easier for me than the 1000-point bot game. I guess it goes to show that there is a certain random factor in how easy/hard a game will be. I don't know, maybe it (also) has to do with the various styles of play the various bots have. I think I do better when the game is very regular. Predictable. In this last game, my opponent graciously traded off equal pieces, and got us quickly into the endgame. I made a few mistakes there (and lost a few pawns), but basically it was a smooth win. The computer judged a lot (most?) of my moves as being the best available. At the end, it said I did no mistakes and no missed wins. But it said I did two blunders. [shrug] From what I could tell, I didn't make any mistakes big enough to be called blunders, but, the computer had its own opinion.

BH stayed home (again) yesterday, but went to work today. Even though he was (still) feeling very tired. He has tested twice negative for Covid, and I believe SB said he never had a fever. So now she thinks he just has a "regular" head cold, and it's not like he can get special "Covid permission" to stay home from work. I'm pretty sure SB is (still) going to keep him quarantined when he's at home though.

Last night, before dinner, SB and I took Eddie on a (somewhat longer) walk. Dinner itself was new for us: a kind of green chili pork stew. It wasn't bad. SB says she'll keep the recipe, next time using less pork, and perhaps more potatoes.

3:17 p.m., Thursday the 13th

Yesterday, we had leftover stew from the day before, so we had that for dinner, which is fine. I don't know what we'll have tonight. Maybe stuffed peppers. We had wine with dinner last night, and it's looking hopeful that we'll have wine with dinner tonight. I'm pretty hungry, but trying to fast until dinner. Yesterday after dinner, SB and I took Eddie on a walk, just not as long of a walk as the day before. SB might cut my hair today, maybe.

SB says she thinks BH has a flu or a head cold. I'm pretty sure he went to work again today, I hope he feels better soon. SB thinks she'll have him quarantine himself when at home, for at least another week.

1:57 p.m., Friday the 14th

I've been sneaking a little Jäger here and there, now and then, and it's been mighty fine. I had the last of it today, there wasn't much left. I polished off the cinnamon whisky earlier this week.

Indeed we had stuffed peppers for dinner last night. After dinner, SB and I took Eddie on a moderate walk. I generally prefer the shorter walks, but I guess the longer walks are good exercise.

12:52 p.m., Saturday the 15th

So, it looks like SB has lifted the quarantine on BH. She was saying she was going to have him wear a mask around the house, but I think she even lifted that restriction. I don't know if this means the three of us can watch another Dexter episode, we'll have to see.

For dinner last night we had salad and freezer-to-oven pizza. Then SB and I took Eddie for a walk.

Today, I'm extra stressed-out; Rainee has come over to sit close to me, and try to help me. Who said cats can't be loving?

3:05 p.m., Sunday the 16th

BH and SB are both out, running errands I guess, separately. Alas I am all out of hard liquor to enjoy. We had one can of mojito left, so I'm having that.

Dinner yesterday was leftover stuffed peppers, and veggie burgers. Nothing I'd write home about, I'm sad to say. Then SB and I took Eddie on a short walk.

SB says that tomorrow evening, the three of us might watching something on TV (Dexter, I'm sure).

4:08 p.m., Monday the 17th

I forgot to mention, that on Saturday, I played a bot game, and won. Same bot, only this time I played as Black. I think I made a couple of mistakes, but for how advanced things are getting, I still reckon I did pretty well.

Yesterday, SB took pity on me, and brought me home a bottle of fine old tawny port. Along with a few other drinky-drinks, I think the idea being that the three of us will share. BH also got some drinky-drink; namely, Cerveza Modelo Especial. Golden, full-flavored pilsner-style lager with a clean, crisp finish. He wanted to try it, but I think he was put off by the foil wrapping on top.

SB wanted the three of us to eat out last night, but apparently there was a communication gap between her and BH. She felt that he should take the blame, and he did. BH has never been a strong communicator, he has been trying to work on it lately. So we had takeout from, I think Texas Roadhouse. It was pretty good. SB picked up the food; when she got back she said she wouldn't want to eat there, too many people not wearing masks.

Earlier today, it being a day off for SB while BH was still at work, SB and I had a sexual encounter. This consisted of her giving me hand favors, after I gave her a back/neck rub. This is what encounters between the two of us consist of every time nowadays. SB has soreness "down there," and just in general I think she has lost interest in receiving sex, instead she is very satisfied with the neck rubs. So she says, and SB is not one to tell little white lies. After the encounter, she gave me a haircut. And she made me some tea. And she installed a holder/dispenser for the paper towels in my bathroom.

1:21 p.m., Tuesday the 18th

For dinner yesterday SB prepared whitefish, tater tots, greens, peas and carrots. After dinner, she and I drove to one of our local Smith's, where they brought our groceries (ordered online) out to our car. After we got back (and put the groceries away), the three of us watched a Dexter episode. There is one more episode left in this season, and the consensus is to watch it tonight. I've heard they are not going to do a second season, but Wikipedia doesn't say one way or another. Wikipedia does say that the final episode in this first season did not get a very good response. It would be a shame if they blew the ending, considering they already did that in the original series. They were just starting to fix things up.

11:23 a.m., Wednesday the 19th

Dinner yesterday was leftovers -- which isn't necessarily a bad thing. After dinner, we watched the last Dexter episode. SB actually wasn't entirely on board with that idea, but she came around.

I'm not sure how I feel about the content of that episode. I guess it seems like a better ending than that of the original series. I'm pretty sure this new series won't have a second season. We're done.

Earlier yesterday, I had time for a bot game -- which I lost. You see, there was a point in the opening where I carelessly moved my queen right into the path of an opposing knight. After that, I lost the will to try, and the bot made short work of me.

This was always going to happen. I was always going to keep advancing to stronger bots until they started kicking my ass. This is why I dread playing the bots these days. I am a sore loser.

10:39 a.m., Thursday the 20th

I lost another bot game. This makes two losses in a row; that hasn't happened for quite some time. I was at the bottom of the 1500-point bots, so now I demote myself to the 1400-point range. And I still expect to lose.

I made a bunch of big mistakes in this last game, and lost a lot of material. I tried to keep my head in the game, but it was not easy, and it certainly wasn't rewarding. It was a bot I had played before, and I had easily won. So why was it so hard now? With all the mistakes I made, I wonder if my performance comes and goes, at random or as if at random. All I know is that with every mistake I made, it felt like I was taking a beating.

SB made us "breakfast for dinner" yesterday, scrambled eggs, veggie sausage, almond pancakes, buttered toast, and some extra veggies. I have to say the eggs were the best part. After dinner, SB and I took Eddie on a walk.

3:35 p.m., Friday the 21st

So for my next bot game, yesterday, I played as White against the Chess Engine set on 1400. This time I won, but it sure wasn't easy. The terms for my next game will be the same, except I'll be playing as Black. That does make it more difficult.

SB went for a hair appointment, plus she got some groceries while she was out, and she brought home some takeout for dinner from a local Indian place. Good stuff.

The forum has been rather quiet lately, I'm not sure why. It does make it easier for me to get caught up on things, so that's one good thing, but it also ensures that I'll have time for a bot game -- not such a good thing, if you know what I mean.

Back