Mid-Michigan couple

HalliganBoy

Hi everyone,

My wife and I have been closet poly for 10~ish years. Had some nice relationships and good experiences but found ourselves too busy with careers to manage additional partners. Now we find ourselves looking again and being more absorbed into the culture. Unfortunately there are no groups in our area. I think the closest is Detroit and Grand Rapids. So here I am, joining a forum of like minds to network and share with.

Say hi if you’re from michigan. Let me know if you feel we warrant a meetup group or something. I’m interested in building up our community.

Greetings HalliganBoy,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I lived in Michigan from 1987 until 2006, almost 19 years. I miss it. I do know that poly groups are very scarce in Michigan, I don't know why. :( Anyway I am closed about being poly to most of my family and friends. While obviously, I'm open about it here on this forum, though I don't identify myself here with my last name. Anyway, I understand the need to be in the closet.

You will find there's lots of people to make friends with here; also, I do feel you warrant a meetup group, Michigan needs that, although I couldn't say how long it would take to build up a decent amount of attendance. You would need to advertise yourself a lot, and show up on a google search. I am not an expert on these things, but I do know Michigan has a special need for more poly groups.

Regardless, I hope you will enjoy your time on Polyamory.com ... lots of interesting discussions here ... let us know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

There are fairly regular meetups in Lansing, as a branch of the West Michigan Polyamory group, which had about 2k members when I left last year. While WMP is based in GR, it has regular meetups in Lansing, Kzoo, and I think Battle Creek a few times. Those meetups I went to in Lansing usually had about 30-40 people. Most of the meetups were focused on socializing, though, rather than meeting people to date specifically. I'd recommend OKC for that.

Back