New member saying Hi

MomMaria

Hello
I'm new here but I'm not new with polyamory. I have had a poly relation before, I dod also grow up ina poly community.

Attachments

• 2_11.jpg
    2_11.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 9
Hello MomMaria, glad to see you on here.

I am also new to this forum, and only just starting to live and love the poly life. So you have a lot more experience and wisdom than I do in living poly.

I would love to know more about how it was growing up in a poly community. My wife and I have decided to keep our poly life separate from our littles, we are still learning and not really sure how that might work or how our local community would recieve us.

Anyway, beautiful photo and feel free to contact me if you'd like to chat sometime.

My wife and I have decided to keep our poly life separate from our littles, we are still learning and not really sure how that might work or how our local community would recieve us.

While this *can be* a totally valid choice for some people, it's definitely one I'd encourage you to think hard about in the long run. Given the new forum I can't find some of the previous threads on it BUT if you ever have your future partner(s) around your children at all, lying about your actual relationship with become very very obvious, even to children you think are too young to notice. Literally I once had my then-three-year-old comment on the difference between the relationship between my husband and his then girlfriend and my relationship with her (technically I was kind of dating her too, but it was much more casual). Yes, it does mean that you may have to be out to your community, but I think for me at least, not lying to my kid was worth that. Of course, I take not lying to my kid seriously enough that we didn't even really encourage Santa Claus much, so YMMV.

Greetings MomMaria,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

That's pretty neat that you grew up in a poly community, hopefully more people will be able to say that in the future, but right now it's quite rare. I hope you will enjoy your stay on Polyamory.com, perhaps you will even have advice for others who come here with questions. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings MomMaria,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

That's pretty neat that you grew up in a poly community, hopefully more people will be able to say that in the future, but right now it's quite rare. I hope you will enjoy your stay on Polyamory.com, perhaps you will even have advice for others who come here with questions. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you Kevin.

The poly community I grew up in was like a collective with people rooted in the new age and green movement. Some of the cornerstones were nudity and free love and collectively childcare. As a member, you were also "married" to the whole group.

I'll support as much as I can.

Maria

That's awesome Maria. It helps so much to have some kind of background, and you seem to be a cool person in general.

Back